• 2 Post By osbornk
  • 1 Post By 777Driver
  • 1 Post By osbornk

Thread: What are the odds?

Member #
    Liked
    821 times

What are the odds?

I shot my 4 year old TCP today to compare it to the Spectrum I bought yesterday. It has worked fine since it had minor adjustments when I got it in 2015. Today, after I shot four rounds, the trigger quit working completely. The Spectrum worked great as did the 856 I had with me. I called and chatted with Emily and she gave me a work order number to send it in. Even though I no longer need it, I want it to work. I haven't carried it in a long time anyway as I have a PT111 G2, a 856 and a 605 in addition to my new Spectrum. I'm shipping through my local FFL so the expense should be reasonable (he has been on everything else and charges $10 for a transfer).

When they repaired it when new in 2015, it took 7 weeks for it to get back to me. This time, I don't care if it takes a week, a month or a year. It is the only one of my 6 Taurus I have had that ever had an issue.
    bobbojama and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    I took my TCP top my local Pawn Shop/FFL this morning. He logged it in, put it in a USPS Priority Mail box (it was in the original box), put a label on the box and sent me to the post office with it. He didn't charge me anything (he knows I will be back to buy, sell or have more guns shipped to him) and my cost at the post office was $11.06.
    bobbojama and Fishinkeylargo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6257 times
    Let us hope you get it back quickly and repaired correctly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Let us hope you get it back quickly and repaired correctly.
    Speed is not an issue since it is a spare for a spare for a spare for a spare (just Taurus-but I have others also). I must be nuts.

Member #
    Liked
    1052 times
    I had a TCP that I bought in 2016. Then last summer I started having FTE problems. I sent it to Taurus for repair, and after 4 months I called to check on the status. They said they couldn't fix it, and offerred me a new Spectrum as a replacement. I asked if I could have a new G2C instead, and they said sure. So I got a new G2C last February, and I got a Ruger LCP-II as a new pocket gun. The Ruger LCP-II is very similar to the TCP, but more reliable.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    I had a TCP that I bought in 2016. Then last summer I started having FTE problems. I sent it to Taurus for repair, and after 4 months I called to check on the status. They said they couldn't fix it, and offerred me a new Spectrum as a replacement. I asked if I could have a new G2C instead, and they said sure. So I got a new G2C last February, and I got a Ruger LCP-II as a new pocket gun. The Ruger LCP-II is very similar to the TCP, but more reliable.
    I suspect mine is easily repairable but the problem is if it isn't, I already have a Spectrum and a PT111 G2 (G2C). They both work great but if I had to choose one, it would be the G2C.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    I took my TCP top my local Pawn Shop/FFL this morning. He logged it in, put it in a USPS Priority Mail box (it was in the original box), put a label on the box and sent me to the post office with it. He didn't charge me anything (he knows I will be back to buy, sell or have more guns shipped to him) and my cost at the post office was $11.06.
    It was delivered to Taurus at 10:50 AM on Thursday (48 hours) but the status still said they were waiting on to gun to arrive today. I chatted again and they said it was logged into their system after 4 yesterday afternoon. It apparently was there 5 days before they opened the box. I will see how long they take to repair it now that I know they have it in their possession and have logged it in.

Sponsored Links