Would you buy it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Would you buy it?

Member #
    Liked
    4334 times

Would you buy it?

I've been admiring the Sig P365 but just can't get excited about paying a minimum of $500.00 for it. So I wondered, what if Taurus took the PT709 Slim and fattened it up a little. Alter the grip to accommodate a 10+1 mag but kept the price in the same ballpark. Would you buy it? I think I would, especially if they ran the type of sale like they did recently for the G2C.

Hello, Taurus. Anybody home?
    taurustoter and 777Driver like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    2868 times
    Well, I would consider it, but I never really got all that excited about the P365 to begin with.
    loudviking, Smokewagon and Nimbly like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    960 times
    Why don't you just get a G2C?
    chefduane, GhostHorse and Nimbly like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4516 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    Why don't you just get a G2C?
    +1 My thoughts exactly.
    GhostHorse and Nimbly like this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    10036 times
    LOL, Taurus did, or rather they designed and built the MilPro, then slimmed it down into the 709. So the answer is yes, I bought a MilPro. My youngest, when he got back from Afghanistan asked if he could have it since it was the pistol with which I taught him to shoot.

If I were Taurus, I would start with a new design. Something slightly larger than a Spectrum.

Kahr is the one I am surprised has not turned their CM and CW designs into double stacks to compete with the Sig.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30356 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    I've been admiring the Sig P365 but just can't get excited about paying a minimum of $500.00 for it. So I wondered, what if Taurus took the PT709 Slim and fattened it up a little. Alter the grip to accommodate a 10+1 mag but kept the price in the same ballpark. Would you buy it? I think I would, especially if they ran the type of sale like they did recently for the G2C.

Nope. I'm quite happy with my old Kel Tec P11 and my new Taurus TH9c. The KT is 10+1 and fits a pocket well and the TH9c is 13+1 in down size or can handle a 17 round magazine from the TH9. I have both versions of the magazines. Both guns were around 300 bucks.
    Nimbly likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    25771 times
    NOPE!
    don't think I would, actually sure that I would not be a buyer!
    see I don't mind paying for quality, reliability, customer service, parts availability myself.
    but to each their own, I have yet to honestly be able to value exactly what I think my life is worth and what I feel is the best way to protect it..
    so far about 700 rounds through this with 0 malfunctions and that's using some 7-8 different ammo styles. weights and power.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30356 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    NOPE!
    don't think I would, actually sure that I would not be a buyer!
    see I don't mind paying for quality, reliability, customer service, parts availability myself.
    but to each their own, I have yet to honestly be able to value exactly what I think my life is worth and what I feel is the best way to protect it..
    so far about 700 rounds through this with 0 malfunctions and that's using some 7-8 different ammo styles. weights and power.
    I love the haters and gun snobs. I've got many thousands of rounds through my Kel Tec, very accurate, and I can only remember failures when I got ammo mixed up and tried to feed it some .380. It shoots 3.5" groups at 25 yards.

My TH9c is my latest to run ammo through. I'm up to 400 or so rounds since I got it. I have 700 rounds of factory 115 ball waiting to fire. It doesn't like the short OAL of my XTP handloads that I run in the KT, so I'm loading 115 grain Winchester to 1300 fps. It loves those. Took the head off a cottonmouth a while back. Is THAT self defense?
    Nimbly likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    19325 times

The Sig P365 is a very interesting Pistol, but a Taurus G2C is very comparable. Why bother fattening the grip of a PT709 when the G2C already delivers?
    I like my PT709 just as it is. The early Sig P365's had issues, which have hopefully been fixed.

Also consider the Ruger American Pro Compact. Were I not very well served by my late production Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro, I might consider one of those.

Size comparison of Taurus PT709 and PT111 Millenium Pro
    Qwiks draw and NativeTexan like this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    8315 times
    The 709 is just fine the way it is. It's a great single stack and for most needs it all one needs. I will admit to owning one and have a hard to find 9 round spare magazine for carry as a spare.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links