Would you buy it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Would you buy it?

Member #
    Liked
    20289 times
    I would not buy it.
    And please keep in mind this is just my opinion.
    I have 5 Sigs. Two P228's, a P229, a P238 and a 1911 .45 Stainless Target model.
    They are amazing pistols. Built like a tank, reliable and accurate.
    Yes, they cost a bit more. That's because they are worth it.
    It is a case of where I believe I got what I paid for.
    But that is still just my own preferences.
    olfarhors and oso like this.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Member #
    Liked
    29252 times
    If one has the discretionary cash to buy one, go for it.

My oldest son has one and when compared to my Taurus PT 111 G2's there's not a cats hair of difference in dimensions or feel.

The SIG 365 does have a great trigger but the Taurus comes stock with 12 round mags while the SIG 365 has 10 rounders.

NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    26120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    If one has the discretionary cash to buy one, go for it.

My oldest son has one and when compared to my Taurus PT 111 G2's there's not a cats hair of difference in dimensions or feel.

The SIG 365 does have a great trigger but the Taurus comes stock with 12 round mags while the SIG 365 has 10 rounders.

actually the Sig Sauer 365 comes available with both 10 and 12 round magazines -- and guess what you can actually get them as well.
    If memory serves Academy here sells them for about 24-29 bucks I think?
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I love the haters and gun snobs. I've got many thousands of rounds through my Kel Tec, very accurate, and I can only remember failures when I got ammo mixed up and tried to feed it some .380. It shoots 3.5" groups at 25 yards.

My TH9c is my latest to run ammo through. I'm up to 400 or so rounds since I got it. I have 700 rounds of factory 115 ball waiting to fire. It doesn't like the short OAL of my XTP handloads that I run in the KT, so I'm loading 115 grain Winchester to 1300 fps. It loves those. Took the head off a cottonmouth a while back. Is THAT self defense?
    and whether you love or hate me, I speak the truth from MY experience!
    I would be willing to bet that I have more different weapon brands and models then you, that Includes Taurus brand.
    and I shoot them as well, normally between 8-10 K rounds per year, so they are not safe queens.
    I don't cut any manufacture a bit of slack in my experience with them.
    very simply CZ and Sig Sauer have by far been more reliable, more accurate, better quality and certainly when needed much , much better customer service than Taurus has for me.
    For those that need to consider the price to plunk down on a weapon then there are weapons out there in about any price range, my self I start with quality and reliability as well as experience and then go from there to make a choice.
    oso likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    6165 times
    I went with the S & W line, I carry the compact 2.0. I also have the Shield 2.0 for more concealed carry.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30638 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    and whether you love or hate me, I speak the truth from MY experience!
    I would be willing to bet that I have more different weapon brands and models then you, that Includes Taurus brand.
    and I shoot them as well, normally between 8-10 K rounds per year, so they are not safe queens.
    I don't cut any manufacture a bit of slack in my experience with them.
    very simply CZ and Sig Sauer have by far been more reliable, more accurate, better quality and certainly when needed much , much better customer service than Taurus has for me.
    For those that need to consider the price to plunk down on a weapon then there are weapons out there in about any price range, my self I start with quality and reliability as well as experience and then go from there to make a choice.
    Just remember, that's YOUR opinion. I don't necessarily share that opinion. I own more Rugers than any other single brand, but I like my Taurus pistols and revolvers a LOT and they haven't failed me. I kinda swore off Ruger pistols when they started copying everyone else with striker fired plastic guns. I don't mind the polymer, but don't like the striker stuff AT ALL. It's a lot easier when you're shopping for hammer guns, not that much to choose from. I like the CZ hammer guns, but they're as big, heavy, and bulky as my Ruger P guns. Oh, I can carry those P guns just fine, but that niche don't need replacing in my inventory.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 06-11-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Qwiks draw and loudviking like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7175 times
    Yeah my life and families life is worth everything to me, that is why I carry and own guns that
    function flawlessly and I can shoot very well, that is why I own Taurus guns, cause they run.......................
    And lots of rounds through them all without issue.....................
    I don't go shooting with people to compare what I spent and inflate my ego with what I have, if it is reliable that's what I look for...................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30638 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    Yeah my life and families life is worth everything to me, that is why I carry and own guns that
    function flawlessly and I can shoot very well, that is why I own Taurus guns, cause they run.......................
    And lots of rounds through them all without issue.....................
    I don't go shooting with people to compare what I spent and inflate my ego with what I have, if it is reliable that's what I look for...................
    Why should you? Isn't that what gun boards are for? I know it's why I don't go to THR anymore...well, except for their hunting board and a little on their black powder board. It was why Nathan (guy that built this site) went to THR to gain recruits to this board and I found it a breath of fresh air.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 06-11-2019 at 07:31 PM.
    loudviking and Qwiks draw like this.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    +1 My thoughts exactly.
    I'm thinking the same thing too!
    The Taurus "Slim" series was just that SLIM and pretty much required a single stack mag to keep it that way. If you want more capacity (usually requiring double stack mags) then there are plenty out there to chose from. Function dictates form!
    Flex
    NativeTexan and Qwiks draw like this.
    "A man has got to know his limitations." HC

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30638 times
    My Kel Tec is a double stack with 10 round mags. At the time that I bought it, 1996, that was heady stuff. I mean, 11 rounds of 9mm +P in a pocket sized 14 ounce 9mm, wow. Now, there's tons of polymer pocket 9s to choose from. Kel Tec even brought out the PF9 a few years later with only 2 rounds less capacity, thinner by an 8th inch or something. It has a lighter trigger, too, but I stuck with what brung me, didn't need a new 9mm. I mean, the P11 is only an inch wide, 2 ounces heavier than the PF9, and I like it. Most of the single stacks out now are an inch thick, after all. That's REAL skinny for a double stack.

I don't necessarily go for what's new just because it's new. If it offers some significant improvement, perhaps, but the PF9 didn't. Now days, in the world of 9mms, there's plenty to choose from. Run what you like, you need no excuses for it. Kel Tec really innovated the category back in the mid 90s. When I bought mine, the PT111 and the Kahr K9 were the only comparable pistols. Truth be told, it's hard to beat the little P11 even today.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links