• 1 Post By MARINEDIVISIONTWO
  • 1 Post By osbornk

Thread: Pt 738. $149.99

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    596 times

Pt 738. $149.99

For those who live in the SE PA region and are wish to purchase a 738, my LGS is selling the as below. They include the FFL fee in their price for an in store sale. The store is Target Master (Targetmaster.com) in Chadsford, Pa. Other than buying there and using their range I have no relationship with the company. Just a kind of PSA on my part.

Taurus Model PT-738 Pistol(#1-738031FS) - .380 acp, semi-auto, 6 rounds, $149.99
    MARINEDIVISIONTWO likes this.
    “The most important space on the battlefield is the six inches between your ears.”
    James Mattis , General USMC, Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    PMOS: 4641, Combat Photographer
    AMOS: 0311, Infantry Rifleman
    Worst day of my life: 6 Feb 1968, Hue City, Vietnam
    Best day of my life: Today, wherever I am

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    For those who live in the SE PA region and are wish to purchase a 738, my LGS is selling the as below. They include the FFL fee in their price for an in store sale. The store is Target Master (Targetmaster.com) in Chadsford, Pa. Other than buying there and using their range I have no relationship with the company. Just a kind of PSA on my part.

Taurus Model PT-738 Pistol(#1-738031FS) - .380 acp, semi-auto, 6 rounds, $149.99
    To be sure, that's a super for a NIB TCP! I have to say tho, that any dealer that charges a "FFL fee" for a product that they stock and sell is ripping the customer off . I can kinda see doing so for a transfer for a sale from an on-line seller i.e. Bud's Gunshop but otherwise no dice. If the FFL fee needed to be forwarded to BATF that would be another story, but it's not.
    Flex
    MARINEDIVISIONTWO likes this.
    "A man has got to know his limitations." HC

Member #
    Liked
    454 times
    Got one for $ 149 also at Wallenpaupack Sports in Hawley , Range tested with Critical Defense rounds and works flawless,a great throw in your pocket firearm for quick trips to the store or outdoors !
    HappyTom likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5756 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    To be sure, that's a super for a NIB TCP! I have to say tho, that any dealer that charges a "FFL fee" for a product that they stock and sell is ripping the customer off . I can kinda see doing so for a transfer for a sale from an on-line seller i.e. Bud's Gunshop but otherwise no dice. If the FFL fee needed to be forwarded to BATF that would be another story, but it's not.
    Flex
    Doesn't matter whether the gun you're getting has been shipped to your dealer and you're picking it up or you're buying it out of his in-store stock. When he calls in for your FFL background check he is charged for it. It comes out of his pocket so why shouldn't he be reimbursed for his cost.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    2015 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Doesn't matter whether the gun you're getting has been shipped to your dealer and you're picking it up or you're buying it out of his in-store stock. When he calls in for your FFL background check he is charged for it. It comes out of his pocket so why shouldn't he be reimbursed for his cost.

Don
    That's a great question. He should also be reimbursed for his water bill, electric bill, payroll tax, and payroll. Oh yeah, don't forget his business license and whatever other local fees are added on. Wow, those gun prices are going to skyrocket!

Member #
    Liked
    792 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    That's a great question. He should also be reimbursed for his water bill, electric bill, payroll tax, and payroll. Oh yeah, don't forget his business license and whatever other local fees are added on. Wow, those gun prices are going to skyrocket!
    No, because they are normal business expenses but the background checks are specifically charged for gun transactions. It is not an expense the shop has for other sales and it is a charge to him for any gun transaction and only for a gun transaction.
    BangBang likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    No, because they are normal business expenses but the background checks are specifically charged for gun transactions. It is not an expense the shop has for other sales and it is a charge to him for any gun transaction and only for a gun transaction.
    To my knowledge, there is no charge for the FEDERAL background check! In Wisconsin, there is a State mandated background check for handguns that is separate from the Federal background check. There is a $10 fee for the State check, so yes, I can live with paying that fee. I know of more than one LGS that charges above and beyond the $10 State fee and that is clearly not right (I "window shop" in those shops and purchase elsewhere). What chaps my a$$ is the FFLs that charge a "service fee" for a required check that costs them nothing or more than the actual fee for an item that they are selling and supposedly making a profit on. I can sort of see a "service fee" on a transfer of a firearm in which the shop had no part of the transaction i.e. online purchase, person-to-person transfer etc. Some FFLs in my area charge $45 for this "service" but in my mind, it's just a penalty for NOT buying through them. Again, I can sort of see the reasoning but if I want a particular firearm and have asked them to order it and they tell me that they can't get it, they shouldn't have an issue if an online seller has it in stock now (and usually at a much lower price). I'd even go along with them purchasing from the online seller and paying a reasonable mark up but for some reason my LGS is unwilling to do that.
    Flex
    "A man has got to know his limitations." HC

Sponsored Links