Taurus Firearm Forum banner

TCP .380 Frames

10K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Handicomp 
#1 ·
Is it possble to get a new frame for my wifes TCP? Hers is pink, and of course i don't want to carry around a pink gun, concealed or not. so i was wondering if its would be too expensive to buy a new frame for when i want to carry it? :???:

#2 ·
Depends on where the serial number is located; that part is considered the "gun". If it's on the frame, you will have to buy a new pistol. I've read about various ways of recoloring polymer, though. Hopefully some better-informed post-ers will chine in with specifics.

#4 ·
Usually the frame is considered the "handgun" so you probly won't be able to get a spare frame cheap. I know you can die Pmags with regular clothes die so I suspect you could die the frame. Maybe to a deep blood red. Slightly more manly.

and It doesn't have to be where the serial number is. My 92fs has serial numbers everywere but only the frame counts as the handgun. The rest is all parts.

#5 ·
Seth247 said:
Usually the frame is considered the "handgun" so you probly won't be able to get a spare frame cheap. I know you can die Pmags with regular clothes die so I suspect you could die the frame. Maybe to a deep blood red. Slightly more manly.

and It doesn't have to be where the serial number is. My 92fs has serial numbers everywere but only the frame counts as the handgun. The rest is all parts.
Most guns have the serial number on the frame or receiver. This is legally the "gun". Extra s/n's are superfluous.

For Kel-Tec pistols, the frame is the part that the trigger group and slide interact with-the serial number is at the rear of this part. The part you hold is the "grip" and is interchangeable for that reason.

#6 ·
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Here is a temporary fix. It can be taken off without
much problem, and it will last for a while.

Go get you some of this plastic dips stuff at Lows
or some other place like that,

It is usually dipped, but it can be dabbed or painted.
You can turn this,

To this,

It's all nice and soft. It gives great grip to the grips,,, lol

You notice, I did a trigger coating. I later took the coating
off the frame, but I left the trigger coat on, and it is still
there to this day.

Also,

I put grips and a dandy little hammer bootie on my
American Arms 22 Mag,

I left the AA 22 Mag coating on. I think it's cool.

Happy Dippin N Dobbin,

Tabdog

#8 ·
jo_dawg69 said:
Is it possble to get a new frame for my wifes TCP? Hers is pink, and of course i don't want to carry around a pink gun, concealed or not. so i was wondering if its would be too expensive to buy a new frame for when i want to carry it? :???:
What you are talking about is the plastic part called the "Grip". If you really want one then call Taurus. Changing it on the times you want to carry it would really not be practical. Taping the pins out to change it would create problems over time.

Personally I think it would be better to put the money in another of your color choice other than pink.

Get your own and leave the wife's alone, after all that's why she wanted a pink in the first place!

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.