TCP Failure to Extract
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

TCP Failure to Extract

Thanks for everyone's responses to my past post on this. I took my new TCP out and ran 50+ rounds through it. About every three or four rounds, it leaves the spent case in the chamber and jams (prevents the new round from being chambered). I really like the gun. It otherwise shoots great (good point of aim, locks open after last round, accurate), but I'm afraid that it's going back to Taurus with this extraction issue. People have so far suggested different ammo, but I have tried two kinds with two different shooters -- same problem. Any other comments welcome. jrh

Member #
    Liked
    10564 times

Re: TCP Failure to Extract

Send it back.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Mine's in right now for the same problem.
    It worked fine for several hundred rounds, then started FTE'ing (or is that, F'ing TE?), no matter which ammo I used.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Yes. Mine did OK for the first several magazines, then started doing it. jrh

Member #
    Liked
    26445 times

did you thoroughly break it down (field strip) and throughly clean all the packing junk out of it?
    50 rounds is not a lot of break in either, usually they get better with more rounds fired but a good cleaning if this wasn;'t done sometimes works wonders.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I started getting many FTEs. Called Taurus on Friday morning, May 7, FedEx picked it up that afternoon, and delivered it back to me yesterday, May 24. So they had it 10 business days! Pretty darn good. The note they sent back said new extractor. Going to the range this afternoon to try it out.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Glad you got yours back so quickly. Mine picked up by FedEx on the 20th. Maybe you'll let me know how the new extractor works? I hope that's what they do to mine. I think they've designed a new one for the 709. Maybe that's what'll need to happen with the 738s.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

First trip to the range with my TCP produced 36 FTEs out of 48 shots. Taurus had it for a month, and I just got it back with a new slide. I'm going to the range tomorrow.
    NRA Lifer since 1971

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Best to you. Let us know how it goes, if you will. I'd like to push this some until they get the extractor deal right. jrh

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

101shooter,I'm with olfarhars,the only thing I would add is,pay special attention to the bolt face(around extractor) & be sure barrel/chamber area is clean.please let us know when you get it back,from Taurus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links