Taurus Spectrum - 738 TCP Replacement? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Taurus Spectrum - 738 TCP Replacement?

Member #
    Liked
    9482 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    Mine is What's New for 2017 and it shows the Spectrum and Curve with a laser. The only 380 pistol in the 2017 catalog is the Curve. It seems odd that the new is not included in the catalog and neither is the old.
    Here's the link for that "What's New" for Taurus. Check out the NEW Taurus firearms for 2013 Yes, I understand the link says something different but it leads directly to the new Taurus models. Two of them anyway.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46799 times
    If/When they come out with it in 9mm I could be a buyer....great web page design, huh?
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    2450 times
    I'm pretty sure that if it were physically possible to make a 100% reliable 9mm Pocket Pistol the same size/price as a .380 Pocket Pistol then someone would have capitalized on the opportunity to corner that market.

Besides, most of the .380 Pocket Pistols which are currently on the market have something of a reputation of being both uncomfortable to shoot and extremely difficult to hold on target due to the reduced size/weight increasing the felt recoil, (hence why Taurus is stressing that the Spectrum has more manageable recoil and positive grip as key features) so I imagine that a 9mm Pocket Pistol of the same size/weight would be virtually impossible to shoot accurately, and that's assuming that it doesn't fly right out of your hand on the first shot.

There's a reason why the Ruger LC9 is larger and more expensive than an LCP, because an "LCP9" is impractical at best.
    Last edited by Tuco_Ramírez; 01-25-2017 at 12:39 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Powers View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if it were physically possible to make a 100% reliable 9mm Pocket Pistol the same size/price as a .380 Pocket Pistol then someone would have capitalized on the opportunity to corner that market.

Besides, most of the .380 Pocket Pistols which are currently on the market have something of a reputation of being both uncomfortable to shoot and extremely difficult to hold on target due to the reduced size/weight increasing the felt recoil, (hence why Taurus is stressing that the Spectrum has more manageable recoil and positive grip as key features) so I imagine that a 9mm Pocket Pistol of the same size/weight would be virtually impossible to shoot accurately, and that's assuming that it doesn't fly right out of your hand on the first shot.

There's a reason why the Ruger LC9 is larger and more expensive than an LCP, because an "LCP9" is impractical at best.
    I replaced my TCP with a Colt Mustang. It has a wider grip than the Bersa or the TCP and is much easier to control. It is also easier on the hand, IMO. I think the best option for a small single-stack 9mm is the 709. May have to buy one soon.

Member #
    Liked
    1747 times
    J.Duff FTW!

Unlawful homicide is murder. Murder is a mental health issue, not a 2A issue.

People deserve the government they elect or tolerate.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46799 times
    Grab a Gun has the Kimber Micro 9 on sale for $569.00...if I had some disposable dollars I might be all over that.

...Checked Sportsman Guide and they're at $550.00 with free shipping.
    Last edited by Czechbikr; 01-25-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    olfarhors likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    28643 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bapak2ja View Post
    I replaced my TCP with a Colt Mustang. It has a wider grip than the Bersa or the TCP and is much easier to control. It is also easier on the hand, IMO. I think the best option for a small single-stack 9mm is the 709. May have to buy one soon.

Just a note!
    Both Sig Sauer and Kimber make a slightly larger version of the Mustang in 9 MM.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    Why did they have to release this, just when I had a little Ruger LCP in my sights? Arrrrrrgghhhhh!.

Thus , my soon to be new Canik might also get pushed back!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose I could sell something ---------------------- naaaahhhhh!
    Czechbikr likes this.
    AKA Phil Jungels
    U. S. Army Medic, Vietnam, 66-67

"The real answer is more bullets!" Me, 2001

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links