Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Reassembly Problems with TCP 738 380 acp

Member #
    Liked
    133 times

Question Reassembly Problems with TCP 738 380 acp

Hello all:

I have a fairly new TCP 738 380 acp. I have only field stripped it a few times. But every time I try to reassemble it I cannot get the thing back together for some reason. I go step by step with the instructions but no dice. I think it has something to do with the hammer and / or trigger mechanism.

I get the slide in position but for the life of me I cannot get it to go backwards where it is supposed to be, where the slide lock can catch it, and where the barrel is out the front of the slide. The trigger lever that sticks up through the "bottom half" has something to do with the process I think, I just cannot figure out what.

Now I am a union steamfitter / welder who served an apprenticeship. Worked on my own cars over the years and on and on it goes. But I for the life of me cannot understand the "why" or the "how" of putting this thing back together. Eventually it will come together, but even then I cannot know how. Should it be that difficult? Or am I just that stupid?

Give a guy some help here if you will please.

"That is all!"
    sdg!

Rhetor Critic

Member #
    Liked
    3566 times
    Mine did that when new. Could not figure out why either. It fixed itself fairly quickly. Still does it from time to time. ??? I
    Ostendo Non Ostendo

A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights.
    The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.” —Federal Judge Benson Everett Legg

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46025 times
    When you start pushing the slide back, make sure there is no pressure on the front of the barrel or the top of the barrel in the ejection port opening of the slide. Point the muzzle down and bake sure the barrel falls forward all the way as you lock the slide back. It will loosen up after you shoot it some.
    loudviking likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    get your spring and recoil rod lined up to go in its chamber area of the frame. Then push slide back 1/8 inch and insert TD pin. Rack it!

jgl
    Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    I have to push down on the top of the square part of the barrel so it slides under the slide or it won't go rearward.

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    Make sure you are not setting the recoil spring too deep on the barrel, it only goes to the first notch (and it's shallow) not all the way to the barrel.
    loudviking likes this.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." ~~ George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    10192 times
    Gee, and I thought all my problems with that were because the hammer wasn't cocked. If the slide hangs up on you try holding the trigger all the way back as far as it will go.

BTW, once you get the slide on, you don't need to lock it back to insert the disassembly pin, or take it out either, for that matter. Just push the slide far enough back that the hole lines up and push it in, or pull it out. Also, everything works better if you don't completely remove that disassembly pin. Just pull it far enough out that the slide will go forward.
    loudviking likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    30570 times
    For me, the most common (and they are very minor!) problems with reassembly are getting the takedown pin (or the puttogether pin at the stage we're discussing!) past the retention spring wire, and making sure the barrel falls into the right place to get the pin into the slot under the barrel.

Wish you all could have seen the typo I made with that last phrase, but this is a family forum...
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I looked at the instructions but have found if I just nudge the slide back a little like a glock then I can pull the pin out with my fingernails. When I read assemble I do the same and it works in pretty easy.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Sorry this is 6 years late. I had same problem last night. The problem is we pulled the trigger and the hammer is forward. Use your thumb to pull the hammer fully backward. This is part number 7. Once hammer is pulled back slide goes on with no problem.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links