Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What are the differences between the 24/7 pro ds & oss?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  HarvTheSecond 
#1 ·
As best I can ascertain, the 24/7 pro ds has the decocker/safety and novak sights like the oss, but can be had as a compact model & 4" model. Does it have the the match barrel too? Does it have the ribber grip? Tennifer finish? Any other differences?

Thanks,
CSTripp

#2 ·
I have an OSS and I believe the guns are very comparable. The OSS actually has what I would call a plastic grip - not rubber. I think you pretty much nailed it - it has the decocker. I will tell you that my Taurus shoots low - a common complaint also with the 24/7s. I absolutely hate the sights on this gun and ordered replacement. I have the Novak sights and can't stand them. I ordered a set of William's fire sights, which have been given good reviews.

#3 ·
I've been wonding the same thing. I just purchased a 24/7 Pro DS 9mm and it doesn't have the ribber grip and doesn't have a decocker. When you say decocker/safety are you just taking about the safety? Have I over looked a model that has a decocker such as my dad's .45 Ruger?

#9 ·
Enigmatic Desires said:
Damn i did'nt even know the 24/7 pro has a DS version. can any one share a pic here?
From the thread on my Compact version:

#12 ·
I have a 24/7 OSS DS 45, and a 24/7 Pro DS 40.

Pro DS has the plastic non ribber grip and decocker from the OSS.

Pro DS does NOT have the ambi safety levers or match grade barrel of the OSS.

My Pro DS is stainless, so not sure if they are using the tennifer finish.

OSS has Novak sights, Pro DS has what appear to be Taurus manufactured (MIM?) 3 dot sights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.