Would you trust your life to your 24/7 G2
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Would you trust your life to your 24/7 G2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hi all, this is my first post here. I'm in the market for new pistol for concealed carry, and I'm seriously considering the 27/7 G2 in .45acp. The price, size and capacity are exactly what I'm looking for. As an alternative, I'm looking at the PT-145. I've shot MilPro's in 9mm & .45, and really liked the guns, and had no issue whatsoever with them.

I've done a lot of reading and am familiar with some of the issues that have been reported with early G2's, but I'd like to hear some input from actual owners. Mainly, would you trust your life to it as an EDC weapon? Thanks in advance!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31298 times
    I've heard good things about the G2. About the only bad thing I've heard is that the DA/SA is different and takes some getting used to. Other than that, why not trust my life to it, if I've put enough rounds through it to feel comfortable carrying it?
    ozzy and daytonaredeye like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I don't want to sound like a taurus basher....but I've shot the Mil Pro .45 and owned the 24/7 G2 .45 compact and wouldn't trust them with my life.
    The caveat to that is that it seems like some guys have very reliable Mil Pro .45s and 24/7 G2 .45s and I believe they do exist - I just didn't get lucky enough.
    From my personal experience I think the Taurus brand still needs to buckle down on their QC and get a little more consistent with what they put out.
    I will be picking up a PT1911 in the near future - only because its a proven design that is easy to find a local smith to repair or modify. My take is that the G2 .45
    has too much going on inside to function properly 100% of the time. It's a sweet gun that feels GREAT in my hand - just unreliable for carry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    623 times
    My 24/7 G2 40 is my EDC so yes I trust this gun. I have over 1500 rounds through it and it has not let me down yet.

Rubber band guns
    Pea shooter
    Spitball straw
    Slingshot

Owner and Operator of:
    Magnum Force Arms

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27594 times
    My PT24/7 G2 .45ACP has proven to be one rock-solid, dependable, handgun, so I have relegated it to be the home defense handgun in my upstairs "man cave". I'm a skinny guy, so the full sized G2 is a bit much for me to conceal carry, but if the chips were down and I had to carry it outside my home, I'd say "yes", I would certainly trust my life with it.

Name:  30 - PT247 .45 w-Aimsport light.JPG
Views: 6959
Size:  560.3 KB
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 10-22-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Would I? I already do. Every single day. My 9MM 24/7 Compact G2 is my daily carry firearm. I have thousands of rounds through mine and have no problem depending on it to save my life.
    MilProGuy, dogchild, ozzy and 1 others like this.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "If you would wish for peace, you must be prepared for war" - Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    "I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace." – Thomas Paine

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    PT140 here, over 1K shot and I will trust it with my life. Any pistol can have issues but if you can put 1K through it I would trust it. BTW I love all guns!
    Wino likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1389 times
    Yes, you can find problems with any brand of firearm, Shooting IDPA I've seen competitors bang on and curse some pretty expensive firearms, My PT 24/7 G2 has been flawless so for, and i would bet my life on it as much as any firearm.
    ozzy likes this.
    They made us many promises, more than i can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."
    Red Cloud

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I just got mine and I have put about 500 rounds through it and have not had any problems. I have cleaned it and inspected it after each trip to the range and have not seen anything out of the ordinary. I can't think of any reason that would make me believe I shouldn't carry it, mine is a G2 in a .40. If I found something out of the ordinary after a range trip, I might think differently.
    dogchild likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    69 times

Have a 24/7 G2 9MM Compact.
    I have put quite a bit threw it so far and have had really really enjoyed it so far. It is my current EDC. Trigger settled in at about 800 rounds.
    MilProGuy and dogchild like this.
    I give thanks each and every day to my daughter whom teaches me more about life each day than I have learned as a man for 36 years!
    Amazing Gracie - Nov 2004 thru Sept 2012
    Play in the heavens my princess! Daddy will again one day see you! Love you forever and infinity!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links