Newer 24/7 Pro with decocker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31669 times

Newer 24/7 Pro with decocker

I don't know if anybody else knows, but I'm starting to see the newer 24/7 Pro with the ambi safety and DECOCKER. Pretty sweet gun, and it does cost considerably more than a regular 24/7 Pro. About $120 more, at least here.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21718 times

Re: Newer 24/7 Pro with decocker

Actually, those are the newer standard barrel lengthed OSS Models, if the Taurus Website is to be believed. The 5 inch barreled models are Long Slides. According to my OSS's manual, anyways. I expect that the largely single action 24/7 Pro line will be phased out in favor of the OSS models. While I like my new .45 24/7 OSS, I am not sorry I bought my 9mm 24/7 Pro with the Standard Barrel Length. Perhaps the prices will come down some when the newer OSS models become more prevalent, but with the continuing slide of the US Dollar, I wouldn't count on it!
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy
    I don't know if anybody else knows, but I'm starting to see the newer 24/7 Pro with the ambi safety and DECOCKER. Pretty sweet gun, and it does cost considerably more than a regular 24/7 Pro. About $120 more, at least here.
    where did you find them?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

i just settled on the 24/7 pro, 4in stainless, but i did consider the "standard" long slide and couldn't find any so a call to taurus cust serv was in order. they said that they only shipped about 1000 standard long slides before the OSS model came into production. they said that they don't intend on making anymore "standard" models. i asked why the big price difference and he said novak sights, reversable mag release, ambi safety, decocker, and a match grade barrell.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31669 times

a gun shop over in Plano. Are you in the DFW area?
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Is this a flaw in the Pro series and are we able to retro the previous Pro models to the newer decocking model?
    Shoot Straight or Just Keep Shooting

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Second_Life
    Is this a flaw in the Pro series and are we able to retro the previous Pro models to the newer decocking model?
    I would like to see that myself. Kind of concerned about having a round in the chamber with the striker pulled back. Would much rather have it decocked and use the DA for a first shot, should the need arise.
    1- Taurus PT92-AFS - Sold
    1- Taurus 24/7C Stainless 9mm - Sold
    1- Ruger Mark I .22 cal. Circa 1969 - Sold
    1- Marlin 22, bolt action rifle - Sold
    1- Mossberg 500, 20ga pump - Sold
    1- Kel-Tec P11 - Sold

What you talkin' 'bout? I ain't got no guns.
    http://taurus-92.mybrute.com

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

I paid $369 for my 24/7 Pro C DS 45 in stainless steel. I love the de-cock feature. I just bought it yesterday.
    Linux Rocks!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Here's from the 24/7 Pro Manual: http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/pt247pro_ds.pdf If you look at pages 12:18 it pretty much explains the decocker! I always have a round in the chamber with the striker pulled back! I even dropped it once! It never went off! The Taurus Safety system is top of the line! The safety works great! Taurus put a lot of effort into the safety of thier firearms, however, once you take that Safety off, All bets are off!
    Be Safe!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by jwc007
    Actually, those are the newer standard barrel lengthed OSS Models, if the Taurus Website is to be believed.
    Not so much really.
    24/7 Pro .40 S&W, PT111 Millennium Pro and the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe... Don't leave home without it.

9/11/01... NEVER FORGET.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links