24/7 G2 problem with going back to DA is DANGEROUS. Please Read - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 24/7 G2 problem with going back to DA is DANGEROUS. Please Read

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    I've had mine for almost a year and more then 2500 rounds through it and yes the trigger gets better. I have not had a lick of trouble with mine and it's my EDC.
    "There is never a reason we are to sacrifice liberty for safety." Ron Paul 2012

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution
    of the United States of America against all enemies, both foreign and domestic ...

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    I may be killed with my own gun but he will have to beat me to death with it because it will be empty.

Member of Minutemen's Association of America
    Member of the NRA

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBronson View Post
    Hi there shooters!

I´m brazilian and I bought an 24/7 G2, Cal. .40 SW. Last week I was testing it at the shooting range and I noticed that in some shots the gun goes to double action by itself... Without manual decocking! Someone had the same problem?!
    Another thing that struck me, is that the trigger weight in SA is heavier than in DA.

Any note would help!

Ps. Sorry for my english!
    Bienvenidos!! ( I know it's not Portuges, but close enough )

Welcome aboard, and Greetings from DFW, Texas!! No Worries! Your English is just fine, and better than some of the 'natives'. I am especially familiar with the 'trigger re-set' issue, and truly sorry to hear about your problem. I have attached a link to the thread I've had running for 3+ months now detailing the problem. You might find some helpful info in there, but you should probably call Customer Service ASAP. After 4 trips to Miami for repairs, mine is finally going to be replaced, but is on back order.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24...set-sa-da.html

I hope that helps, and feel free to ask any other questions. Please keep us posted, and Good Luck.
    Native Floridian by birth, TEXAN by choice, Conservative by God and education.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    if the threads like this one are any indication, then the 24/7G2 9mm I picked up yesterday is a lemon.

Brought it home, field strippped it, got aggressive with Gun Scrubber, reasembled it.... and never once did it stay in SA after jacking the slide. The only time it stayed in SA, is when i have the slide locked back, and i pull the trigger back all the way, release the slide, And then it's in SA mode.

Another thing i noticed is that when I lock the slide back, i pull the trigger back to SA mode, then i hit the decock lever, it "decocks" the gun. Is this a problem too?

thanks for ther help

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quietdude76 View Post
    if the threads like this one are any indication, then the 24/7G2 9mm I picked up yesterday is a lemon.

Brought it home, field strippped it, got aggressive with Gun Scrubber, reasembled it.... and never once did it stay in SA after jacking the slide. The only time it stayed in SA, is when i have the slide locked back, and i pull the trigger back all the way, release the slide, And then it's in SA mode.

Another thing i noticed is that when I lock the slide back, i pull the trigger back to SA mode, then i hit the decock lever, it "decocks" the gun. Is this a problem too?

thanks for ther help
    Not so fast there ... You might be having a problem 'tricking' the gun to SA but I wouldn't call it a Lemon yet. Actually, the two things you describe as 'problems' seem to be the proper function of the weapon. Not to be rude but ... You should actually read, and reread the manual, and then fire live rounds to test the full and proper function. My apologies if this thread gave you unnecessary worries, but yours sounds good so far. Once you make it to the range, let us know how wonderful it was. I finally received my replacement Friday, so hopefully I'll get to the range myself. Happy Shootin' and Be Safe!
    taylorman2034 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    P.S.

Almost forgot...

Welcome aboard, and Greetings from DFW, TX. Always glad to have another G2 owner around here. I'm sure you'll be glad you got it. Please keep us posted.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I had a post all written out and i lost it.

I was under the impression that the G2 was a striker fired version of a hammer fired traditional DA/SA semi auto, meaning that every time i jacked the slide whether mag/no mag, snap cap or live ammo or what ever the gun would be in SA mode unless i had a misfire or a snap cap, or i used the decock lever, then it would be in DA mode

I will hope fully be able to get out and shoot it this comming week, and i'll see what happens...

Thanks
    norm

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i know this thread is old, but i too am a brazilian and recently purchased the taurus 24/7 g2 .40 cal in stainless.i have shot about 400 rounds through it in the last 3 weeks that i have owned it. never had any issues with it as long as i use good ammo.i usually shoot blazers,federal, and winchester ammo.i shot a box of rws and did have 2 fail to feed and fail to fire.so i no longer buy that brand of ammo.plus it was dirty as hell too.

now back to your question about the da and sa trigger action.the pistol you purchased also has ds capability. (double strike).. so if one of the rounds happen to misfire, the gun automatically returns back to double action to give that cartridge another chance to fire. with my pistol it only did that when i used the rws ammo.terrible shit. packs one hell of a punch but its very dirty and my taurus just didnt like it.

now as far as the trigger pull being heavier in sa than da.thats just crazy. when in da its about a 6.5lb trigger pull and in sa it goes down to about 2lb trigger pull.

so next time you go to shoot and you notice it revert back to da, thats just the ds capability. also try using another brand of ammo abd see if it stays in sa after your first shot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links