24/7 G2c .45 Range Report: 1st & 2nd times out
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JodyQ

Thread: 24/7 G2c .45 Range Report: 1st & 2nd times out

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

24/7 G2c .45 Range Report: 1st & 2nd times out

1st Time Out: Shot 100 rounds of WWB. Gun performed like crap. Multiple (meaning: countless) failures to feed, mags difficult to release, shot waaay low and waaay right. I had cleaned it to the best of my newby ability the day prior, but I think cleanliness, etc. were definitely contributing factors.

Since then... I bought myself some Hoppe's #9, some more cleaning pads, a bore brush, some snap caps (and a stiffer wrist), cranked up the compressor, watched some you tube vids, and got to work. I took it down and cleaned/properly oiled it really well. I also disassembled/cleaned my mags as well. Everyday for about two weeks I worked with snap caps and loaded/unloaded the mags (I left them loaded while being stored).

2nd Time Out: Altogether a different gun. Shot 100 rounds. 50/50 PMC & Remington UMC. NO FEED ISSUES WHATSOEVER (from either the 10-round or 12-round mags). I adjusted the sights and, afterward, the only problem I had all day was that (no matter how high I set the elevation) it still shot about 3" low, but on center this time. Not too sure about that, but I'm sure I'll figure it out over time and will post here when I do. Ideas?

Anyway, thought I'd pass that on. Would've posted last time, but didn't think it would've been too fair. It's breaking in nicely. More to follow...
    ninesecond95 and MilProGuy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Glad to hear you had an easy fix, I've been looking at that model myself.

Member #
    Liked
    417 times
    Good to hear things started to come together....I've been wanting one of those guns for a long time...guess I'll never have one though.....no funds!
    Be safe out there, no need to meet Jesus before the appointed time!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2721 times
    Welcome aboard, and Greetings from Tx.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, and you made the effort to give a second chance. You learned the first most valuable lesson about Tauri, GOTTA BE CLEANED FIRST! They pack them full of goo for the 3 week boat ride from Brazil. I'm amazed reading customer reviews at Bud's or someplace, that have 47 5-star ratings then 3 1-star reviews. My money says the 1-stars didn't clean first. I'm a slightly aggravated G2C-45 owner, but still thinking happy thoughts. By any chance, have you noticed if your trigger resets to DA from SA during magazine changes?? Mine just returned from a second trip to Miami for repairs. I hope to get to the range this weekend to see if its right now. Too bad I can't help with info about the sights. I recently had eye surgery, so I'm just happy to hit paper! Please keep us posted. Good Luck with the rest of the break in, and enjoy.
    Native Floridian by birth, TEXAN by choice, Conservative by God and education.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27592 times
    The second go around sounds like a much more enjoyable experience, and I predict the third time will be "charm"!

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I have the exact same gun. I am still having unresolved issues with the 10 round mag, but otherwise love the gun. I am glad that your 2nd range trip was a much better experience.

Member #
    Liked
    5828 times
    Nice to hear it's running good, now try playing cover up with the front dot, only use the rears for left to right alignment. I've noticed that the front posts tend to be high on alot of Taurus pistols, even on the G2 I held today at the gun shop.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links