24/7 G2c .45 Mag Question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenWolf70

Thread: 24/7 G2c .45 Mag Question

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

24/7 G2c .45 Mag Question

This morning I noticed that the follower on my 12-round mag sticks up further than the follower on my 10-round mag. I'm wondering if this is normal. I load/unload the mags several times a day (to break them in) and, on the 10-round mag, the bottom of some of the casings sometimes get snagged on the front of the mag. I think this could've contributed to the feed issues I was having during my 1st trip to the range. ...or would the feed ramp lift the round prior to this happening if the magazine were in the gun. In other words, is this something that's only happening due to the fact that the mag is not in the weapon. I cannot duplicate this with the 12-round mag. Visually the two mags do not appear to be different from eachother whatsoever (other than the difference in the level of the follower). I can't see what could be stopping it. Is this an LGS fix or a Taurus fix. Your thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I have the factory 10 round, factory 12 round, and 2 extra 12 round mags purchased through CTD. I have NOT had ANY trouble whatsoever with ANY of the 12 round mags. However, I have not had anything BUT trouble from the 10 round mag. I took it out again last weekend, and every time I tried to start with it fully loaded, it would jam after the 4th shot. I have taken it apart several times, and can NOT figure out what is wrong. Taurus said that they would replace it, but gee sorry they do not have any. Therefore, my .45 G2 "compact" will only work correctly with the full size mags.

Member #
    Liked
    10198 times
    Try this link on tuning up your magazines: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/sm...magazines.html
    JodyQ likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Sponsored Links