another question for g2 owners.
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

another question for g2 owners.

I have a g2. but the backstraps that came with it are L, XL, XXL. i called taurus and they finally sent new ones. they are marked small and medium. the problem is they are not the same as the large one i have installed. the ones that came with the gun go all the way up to the top of the heel strap or to the top of the v in your hand. I am wondering if they have two models out there and i have the old or original model. then they made improvements and the new ones come with shorter backstraps. Or maybe they are the wrong part all together. Just curios. I will be calling there on monday since they already have my gun there for other repairs. Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: another question for g2 owners.

Sounds like they sent you the correct grip inserts.

I honestly don't know why Taurus configured the L, XL, and XXL inserts the way they did. It prevents a good high/tight hold IMO.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: another question for g2 owners.

Quote Originally Posted by kfrazier1979
    I have a g2. but the backstraps that came with it are L, XL, XXL. i called taurus and they finally sent new ones. they are marked small and medium. the problem is they are not the same as the large one i have installed. the ones that came with the gun go all the way up to the top of the heel strap or to the top of the v in your hand. I am wondering if they have two models out there and i have the old or original model. then they made improvements and the new ones come with shorter backstraps. Or maybe they are the wrong part all together. Just curios. I will be calling there on monday since they already have my gun there for other repairs. Thanks
    THe ones you received are correct. The large and above have the extra material at the top because they are large. Not having it on the medium and smalls let you get your hand up higher. My gun also had the L and 2 XLs in the box when I bought it. Have not recieved my medium and small as requested, maybe I will get mine today like you did. One of the members on here sent me his medium he want using.
    Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm
    Thomspon Contender 45/.410 & 30/30
    Remington 870 12 gauge

Sponsored Links