Proud new owner of a 24 7 pro ss 17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times

Proud new owner of a 24 7 pro ss 17

I ordered the 24 7 pro from buds this week and am going to pick it up tomorrow. I can not wait to get it in my hands and on the range. I have owned a 24 7 air pistol for a while now and love the way it feels in my hands. while it is just a plastic, single shot spring powered version, the ergonomics of the grip are just amazing.

i have heard that taurus guns should be thoroughly cleaned once purchased and was wondering if heading to the range right after purchase for 50-100 rounds will effect anything as opposed to taking it home, cleaning it first and heading back to the range.

look forward to getting more accustomed on here. feels like a great place to talk from what i have seen so far!
    Taurus 24/7 PRO DS 9mm
    Remington 597 .22 LR
    Arminius Titan Tiger .38 Spl
    Kel-Tec PF9

Member #
    Liked
    4902 times

Re: Proud new owner of a 24 7 pro ss 17

Congratulations. I would personally clean it first. For the obvious reason being Taurus usually packs their guns with a lot of grease which could create unnecessary problems. The other reason is it allows you to get familiar with the functionality of the gun before you are at the range with live ammo. I think it will make your first range trip more enjoyable if you take the time to clean it. Ask anyone that has had problems at the range. It just kind of pisses you off and leaves aa bad taste in your mouth.

Member #
    Liked
    28222 times

I would clean it first
    at the very least be sure to throughly check the barrel for any obstructions or heavy greae before firing it.
    I mean it comes from Brazil there might be a big old hairy Tarantula in there or something.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

My story was I got the gun at a gun show, then went to a local indoor range and put 50 rounds though without flaw... Then I scrubbed it. I won't say yours will or won't function the same, but I had luck.
    John D.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times

kcunha:

I would heartily recommend taking the pistol apart according to the instructions in the owner's manual; and giving the gun a good deep-cleaning first~~to remove the gooey packing grease that Taurus uses to protect the gun from rust and corrosion. Then, lightly oil the mechanisms, the rails and the slide. Finally, run an oily patch through the barrel, followed by a dry patch and lightly wipe down the parts with a soft cloth before reassembling the pistol.

My guess is that you'll have zero problems at the range
    ...and you'll come home with a big smile on your face.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I just went to the shop and looked at mine that I ordered (still waiting for MD to release). You will probably want to clean. It had a lot of grease on it. From what I saw it was mostly on the outside but I would not want to take the chance. It was slippery and messy to hold. Also, stuff might stick to the grease and rub also making it even harder to clean.

Member #
    Liked
    28222 times

MY 709 was the worst of all of them!
    you could not even see that there was a gun inside the plastic bag!
    I tell ya one thing old Clarence may not be able to adjust sights that well but the guy certainly knows how to operate a grease gun!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

When I went to pick it up it didnt appear to be that bad. I could actually see a gun, contrary to olfarhors, lol. I took it down and gave it a good wipe and applied some remoil. slides smooth and effortlessly.

going to take it to the range tomorrow to put 100 through it. I'm giddy with excitement to finally fire it.

On a side note, and a big bonus, the model is actually the DS model. it wasnt advertised as a DS on buds website but sure enough, engraved right on the side, 24/7 PRO DS. It was a very nice surprise. all for $297!!!!!
    Taurus 24/7 PRO DS 9mm
    Remington 597 .22 LR
    Kel-Tec PF9

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times

Quote Originally Posted by kcunha

On a side note, and a big bonus, the model is actually the DS model. it wasnt advertised as a DS on buds website but sure enough, engraved right on the side, 24/7 PRO DS. It was a very nice surprise. all for $297!!!!!
    You got the ultimate version of the standard 24/7 for $297.00! Ain't life grand?

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

it sure is milproguy. i still would have taken the non-DS model, but it made my month by having the DS.
    Taurus 24/7 PRO DS 9mm
    Remington 597 .22 LR
    Kel-Tec PF9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links