Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By idontplaynice
  • 1 Post By jwc007

Thread: Taurus PT24/7 .45ACP gen1 DAO

Member #
    Liked
    69 times

Taurus PT24/7 .45ACP gen1 DAO

I bought this gun not too long ago. It does not have a "Pro" or any other marker on the slide other than the PT 24/7. I got it with one factory 12-round mag. I ordered a Mec-Gar mag for the Para 14, and a Promag for the Para 14. Both of these ordered mags hold 14 rounds. They both lock into the gun, and fall free without issue. I have yet to go to the range to test the reliability of these non-factory mags. I'd expect the Mec-Gar to work without any problem. If it does, it'd be nice to have a pistol in .45 ACP that can hold 14+1 rounds that costs relatively little. I love the feel of the grip. It is very comfortable for a .45 ACP pistol.

Does anyone know how common these 1st gen PT 24/7 pistols are, particularly the ones that have a DAO trigger.

Pics:

You can see how the Para 14 mag sticks out a little from the bottom of the grip.
    777Driver and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    28070 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idontplaynice View Post
    I bought this gun not too long ago. It does not have a "Pro" or any other marker on the slide other than the PT 24/7. I got it with one factory 12-round mag. I ordered a Mec-Gar mag for the Para 14, and a Promag for the Para 14. Both of these ordered mags hold 14 rounds. They both lock into the gun, and fall free without issue. I have yet to go to the range to test the reliability of these non-factory mags. I'd expect the Mec-Gar to work without any problem. If it does, it'd be nice to have a pistol in .45 ACP that can hold 14+1 rounds that costs relatively little. I love the feel of the grip. It is very comfortable for a .45 ACP pistol.

Does anyone know how common these 1st gen PT 24/7 pistols are, particularly the ones that have a DAO trigger.

Pics:

You can see how the Para 14 mag sticks out a little from the bottom of the grip.
    ALL PT24/7 were double action only!
    from memory here is the generational changes.
    24/7--double action only.
    24/7 pro- double action/ single action
    24/7 Pro D/S- double action--single action --with a de-cocker.
    there were litterly hundreds of thousands made I would bet!
    BUT-- over the years many have bit the dust and also this was a recall item and so most that survived were returned to Taurus and replaced with G2 I think it was.
    you might want to review the recall notice and decide if you wish to keep /use/ have this weapon.
    hope this helps and is correct a far as I can say!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    527 times
    That is what I am Talking about Love the gen 1`s If ya find ya self not so enthralled as I am with them hit me with an IM we can talk. heheheheheheheeheheh
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    That is what I am Talking about Love the gen 1`s If ya find ya self not so enthralled as I am with them hit me with an IM we can talk. heheheheheheheeheheh

Oh yeah love the 1st gens

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    23553 times
    Congratulations on your new-to-you first gen 24/7 .45 and may it serve you well!

With the passing of time, the 24/7's are becoming more rare. I have the 24/7 OSS .45 and it's been a very good .45 Pistol.
    Also, a 9mm 24/7 Pro is in my carry rotation.
    loudviking likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Sponsored Links