Was this a recalled 24/7 firearm? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Was this a recalled 24/7 firearm?

Member #
    Liked
    23054 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    The whole 'gen' thing is a bit confusing - the guns that game out prior to the Gen2 series were actually called gen1, gen2, and gen3 - I owned a gen2 Millenium 9mm, which was double action only, and after that gun I owned a gen3 MilPro PT145, which I still own. It's a SA gun with the 'second chance' double action pull if you get a non-firing primer. After that, the 'Gen2' series of guns came out which replaced the ones I just mentioned.
    Did Taurus ever refer to them that way? I don't think so. I think that's something that came into use here on the forum to differentiate the first three variations. But I can't find anywhere that Taurus ever referred to them that way.
    jonrjen likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32560 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Did Taurus ever refer to them that way? I don't think so. I think that's something that came into use here on the forum to differentiate the first three variations. But I can't find anywhere that Taurus ever referred to them that way.
    I'm pretty sure they did refer to them in that way, maybe not in the main description but in the overall information of the gun. Of course, I didn't save any screen prints of that so I guess it's lost to history.
    jonrjen likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    9417 times
    That's the compact version of the PT24/7Pro DS I have which has the best ergonomics of any gun I have ever or now own - and it is a recalled pistol. I'm keeping mine, along with a PT24/7CA and PT24/7 PRO LS DS. Not selling because of recall and not returning to take an inferior pistol in warranty exchange.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    To me it didn't matter , i still have my 24/7 Pro DS in 9mm and i care nothing about selling it . If anything happens to it the only thing will be passed on to some kinfolk that already said they wanted it if i ever gave it up . 17+ , plenty fire power for intruders !
    loudviking, jonrjen and jwc007 like this.
    RonLPT24/7

Member #
    Liked
    1076 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    That being the cause of the AD or ND that injured owners is the popular and anecdotal reasons for those shootings we see here in the forum a lot.

If this were the sole reason attributed to the gun's firing wouldn't a competent attorney be able to successfully argue that the gun firing was the result of operator error?

I think that the reason that Taurus settled, costing them many millions of dollars, goes much deeper than a few people setting their manual safety while depressing the trigger. ...
    Lawyers can make all sorts of arguments that would seem perfectly rational to you and me. The real question is whether a jury of twelve Democratic voters with no firearms experience will buy them. Taurus settled because they were afraid to take that argument to court, in view of the kinds of people who sit on American juries nowadays.
    "Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free. But we all know that, don’t we?" -- Jerry Pournelle

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7692 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwj999 View Post
    lawyers can make all sorts of arguments that would seem perfectly rational to you and me. The real question is whether a jury of twelve democratic voters with no firearms experience will buy them. Taurus settled because they were afraid to take that argument to court, in view of the kinds of people who sit on american juries nowadays.
    bingo!!!!!!
    jonrjen, Qwiks draw and jwc007 like this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    23147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    The strange thing about this pistol is that it seems to be one of the most difficult to list for sale. There is just something about it that seems so right and fits my grip with comfort and purpose.

The only negative is that settlement/recall/lawsuit that waves in the air like a big red flag.
    Very True!

Not giving you advice on what to do, but in my case, I have three "Lawsuit" Pistols. 9mm 24/7 Pro, .45 24/7 OSS DS, and a 9mm Pre-G2 PT111.
    I have no intention of selling them off or sending them in for a firearm that will not be equivalent to what they are.
    Also, I still shoot and carry them. Particularly, the 9mm 24/7 Pro and Pre-G2 PT111.
    IMO, they were very well made and ergonomic, with great triggers. We will probably not see their like again.

Wino, jonrjen and CJS3 like this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    6822 times
    Any of the Pro series were in the recall. I know as I had 2 of them.
    olfarhors and jonrjen like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27745 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    You Know, I never did understand why someone would hold the trigger down/back to set the safety.

The same reason that someone will insert a Magazine into a gun with a locked back slide, drop the slide then rack the slide to chanber a round, while watching the live round in the chamber eject!
    Kind of a non tactical reload!!!
    and yep! the 24/7 C Pro D/S is on the recall list, I gots one just like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    jonrjen likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    514 times
    Recall yes (no glocktarded trigger) IM when available, IF your willing to ship to FFL?
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links