Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Pt 24/7 g2 45.

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  mnrivrat 
#1 ·
I have a friend who wants to sell me his 24/7 G2 45.

$340 including 50 round of practice ammo.

Good deal or bad deal?

Reactions: loudviking
#2 ·
That's the replacement that they promised me for my PT 145 before they said that they weren't producing pistols in 45 ACP anymore. Somewhere around that time, 3 years ago, I recall someone stating that the trigger wasn't as good as the PT 145. I might think a used gun might be a tad cheaper than that. The ammo might have a 15.00 value. You may want to check with Taurus and learn what warranty might be if it needed repair..and what they would replace it with should it not be repairable.

#3 · (Edited)
I bought one new at Cabela's some years ago for $350.00. Sold it to another forum member because its trigger was terrible and I couldn't find a gunsmith who knew how to fix it. You don't mention its condition or your appraisal of its characteristics. IMO, maybe $320.00 if it's as-new, down to $300.00 if not.

It would be nice if the G2C were available in .45. I've found a 'smith in my new home who knows how to work striker-fired pistols and I'm partial to that caliber.

Reactions: Czechbikr
#5 ·
ahh, why not check a local FFL shop near you IF you are a regular and ask them what they would give you for a used 24/7 and I bet you will find the buddys asking price is astronomical.
Taurus does not have any real sale/trade value at any shop around here.

Reactions: jonrjen
#6 ·
Thanks all for the info.

I've sugggested that he list it on one of the trading sites to see what it will bring.

I already have a 45 that I'm quite happy with so his Pistol is not something that I just have to have. :)

#10 · (Edited)
Kentucky Gun Co. has a blem/refurbished PT24/7 G2 Compact in .45acp listed for $309.99. "It continues to carry the exclusive Taurus Functional Lifetime repair policy; however, this unit is no longer under warranty for any cosmetic blemishes or defects." I was tempted, but I'm not sure what they would do if it needed repairs.
https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=128435

#11 ·
Within reason depending on condition. It would have to be only lightly used and in the original box with all it came with. Within reason also means not a great buy, but OK. You also have to remember buying private takes away the sales tax and shipping cost, and transfer fees that you end up with buying on line or LGS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.