Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 g2 45 vs 40 spec

777 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  crashff00 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the dimension of the two pistols. Mainly concerned about the slide width

I’m going to do some holster mods & the 45 holsters are harder to find

#2 ·
You used to be able to bring up the specs on the Taurus website until some brilliant young web designer decided old information is irrelevant.

I don't have a G2 40 (and I assume you mean the "big" version and not the "C" version). If I did, I'd measure it for you. However, this raises a question. How does one measure a slide (and what measurements do you want)? I assume all three (H/W/L) dimensions vary based on where the measuring is being done. I'm not really a gun guy, so I don't know if there is some "standard" means of measurement, but if not, you may want to explicitly state what/where you want measured so you don't get apples when wanting oranges.

I do have a G2C 45 and had no trouble finding a Tagua holster just last year to fit it perfectly. I believe they also have longer holsters for the G2 model.

Good luck.

#3 ·
That is a hairy beast when measuring slides I find it is as suggestive as getting a good look at a T-Bone by sticking your head in a cows rectum, or taking the butchers word for it. Some say if safety on gun need to be added others say only if "on" slide- measure at mag well- measure at trigger guard--it is like Magazine/clip Clipazine or Maglip Carbine/Carbeen no 2 will agree and add a third bound to be a fight. More so if the 3rd has an accent unknown to the first 2 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.......Get you gun and calipers and run do not walk run to the Safe Zone and there in secret satisfy your curiosity....HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

#4 ·
Are you working with leather or Kydex? I have an Alien Gear shell that they sent for my PT 111 G2 that was slightly out of spec. They sent me a replacement...you can have the old one if you want to try and work with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.