What happend to all of the Full Size polymer frame Taurus pistols?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: What happend to all of the Full Size polymer frame Taurus pistols?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

What happend to all of the Full Size polymer frame Taurus pistols?

I've been out of the game for a few years and when I hop on the Taurus website most but not all of their fullsize polymer pistols are gone? What happened to the 24/7 or the OSS? no new generations of those? I don't get it maybe they didn't sell well?

Member #
    Liked
    11852 times
    Fast forward a few decades, and Taurus is making the TH9/40 series, the G2C and G2S along with a few poly revolvers and the TX22. There are other poly pistols they are selling to other countries. No where near the depth of models Taurus used to make.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    27718 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
    I've been out of the game for a few years and when I hop on the Taurus website most but not all of their fullsize polymer pistols are gone? What happened to the 24/7 or the OSS? no new generations of those? I don't get it maybe they didn't sell well?

AHH, so you are not familiar with the scalp--ahh the recall of the 24/7 clan and a few others?
    plenty of posts here on that if you like History.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    Fast forward a few decades, and Taurus is making the TH9/40 series, the G2C and G2S along with a few poly revolvers and the TX22. There are other poly pistols they are selling to other countries. No where near the depth of models Taurus used to make.
    Maybe just streamlining the company? Making the menu easier to manage so to speak?
    taurustoter and GhostHorse like this.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    3690 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    Maybe just streamlining the company? Making the menu easier to manage so to speak?
    ...and focusing their attention on making a few models, that run like a champ.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    1581 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
    I'm thinking that Taurus stopped trying to be all things to all people. They've decided to scale back. Hopefully, it will lead to an improvement in quality.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

"No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

Member #
    Liked
    27718 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinGeorgia View Post
    I'm thinking that Taurus stopped trying to be all things to all people. They've decided to scale back. Hopefully, it will lead to an improvement in quality.

Yes Sir!
    the best Gimmic to me to sale guns is produce a quality weapon, at a fair price, and back I up with outstanding Customer Service!
    twolfe55 and CaptainMorgan like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    AHH, so you are not familiar with the scalp--ahh the recall of the 24/7 clan and a few others?
    plenty of posts here on that if you like History.
    I was not aware of any recall. I own a two tone 24/7 , 2 OSS pistols one in 9mm and one in .45. I also own a PT138 and a PT145 and they have all been great with no issues. The 24/7 is my night stand gun and probably has 3-4K rounds through it.
    Stroker likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19796 times
    Not all of the Poly Taurus are missing, I still have my fair share of them tucked away.
    jwc007 likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22220 times
    They axed the 24/7 and traditional MilPro models and even 800 series. But they did expand the 1911 offerings to include ?Commander and Officer models.
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links