Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What happend to all of the Full Size polymer frame Taurus pistols?

5K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  Warhammer 
#1 ·
I've been out of the game for a few years and when I hop on the Taurus website most but not all of their fullsize polymer pistols are gone? What happened to the 24/7 or the OSS? no new generations of those? I don't get it maybe they didn't sell well?

#2 ·
Fast forward a few decades, and Taurus is making the TH9/40 series, the G2C and G2S along with a few poly revolvers and the TX22. There are other poly pistols they are selling to other countries. No where near the depth of models Taurus used to make.

#3 ·
AHH, so you are not familiar with the scalp--ahh the recall of the 24/7 clan and a few others?
plenty of posts here on that if you like History.

#6 ·
I'm thinking that Taurus stopped trying to be all things to all people. They've decided to scale back. Hopefully, it will lead to an improvement in quality.

#7 ·
Yes Sir!
the best Gimmic to me to sale guns is produce a quality weapon, at a fair price, and back I up with outstanding Customer Service!

#10 ·
They axed the 24/7 and traditional MilPro models and even 800 series. But they did expand the 1911 offerings to include ?Commander and Officer models.

Reactions: olfarhors
#12 ·
and of course axed the PT1911 AL in all forms as well as axing the entire line of 38 Super caliber in any model.
I think the 40 S & W is also either out or on the way out?

#15 ·
What Steyr said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

To fully understand what the Trigger Lawsuit Issue is about, the Video Posted below will help you understand the issue.

I was not aware of any recall. I own a two tone 24/7 , 2 OSS pistols one in 9mm and one in .45. I also own a PT138 and a PT145 and they have all been great with no issues. The 24/7 is my night stand gun and probably has 3-4K rounds through it.
I still have and occasionally use my standard 9mm 24/7 Pro and .45 24/7 OSS. My late production Pre G2 Millennium Pro 9mm remains one of my favorite Summer CCW's.
These Pistols were, and are, of excellent quality construction, and I have no intention of ever sending them in for that paltry $200 compensation or the substitution of a Taurus G2C.
IMO, so long as one practices safe Gun Handling, there's no good reason the older 24/7's and Millenium Pro Pistols cannot continue to serve.

Also IMO, Taurus received and followed very bad legal advice in handling their lawsuits.

Also, there have been Management changes in Taurus in Brazil that has directly affected how the Company is run and the Product line.

#16 ·
yea, the recent past and current conditions in Brazil might be real interesting for taurus and other companies down there and around the world.
its almsot as bad as Chicgo, Detroit and Baltimore from what I read.
ahh, does anyone remember the recent Olympics and the problems shown in the country, even though it was hush-hushed and tried to swept under the rug?

#17 ·
I work in it and even before the olympics we used to have techs that would call in when I worked for an after hours provider that managed large networks and fiber connections. We had several sites in Brazil and techs always traveled with armed security and almost never went out at night. Period. The gangs in some of the favellas were bad and scrappers would steal the cases where the wiring connected for scrap. In some cases they would intentionally damage things and kidnap the repair crews then demand ransoms or payment for access to do the repair work. Obviously not almond Brazil was that way, but the same can be said for Chicago, Detroit, and other places.

#18 ·
Indeed!
you can add Atlanta to the mix!
I worked in very, very depressed drug, crime ridden areas my whole career pretty much.
as drug got worse good folks moved out of the area, the houses ended up vacant quickly followed by thiefs that would quickly steal copper pipes and wiring, even old Toilets, pedestal sinks and claw foot bath tubs.
for quite a while we would have a fire in one of those vacant houses only to find that someone had came in and removed the old growth pine hardwood floors to sale to folks in the northern suburbs.
nothing says fun like going into a fire/smoke charged house only to find about half the floors missing and a 12 foot basement below!
its everywhere folks, but as much as many complain about the USA its still a lot better here than most places on Earth, specially when you get out of the bright. clean upscale tourist areas.

#21 ·
COnsidering that the Taurus G3 was just added to the line, when and if it gets here (there are some online gun stores taking pre-orders), will be the large Taurus for awhile. Taurus has literally changing up the whole line of pistols they offer.

Taurus full size TH9s are not hard to find if you know where to look. Even the gun auctions sites and a LGS in this area have TH9 full size pistols.

#25 ·
I still have my PT24/7 G2 because it wasn't part of the settlement, and even if it was I'd still keep it. It was the first pistol I bought after my divorce, not in a bad way, but in a "hey I'm going to use my money for me" way. I can't believe they didn't rebrand it as another model if they wanted to distance it from the settlement guns. I love every feature on it, ambi controls, loaded chamber indicator, second strike capable, a decocker, dovetailed sights, accessory mount, and 17+1 capacity. When I got it for $335 I thought it was one of the best investments I could've made in a gun.

#28 ·
My 24/7 Pro DS was the best pistol I ever fired. Everything about it was exactly as I wanted, and it was very accurate. Unfortunately, the trigger failed and I had to send it back for servicing—just before the recall was announced. I was told "it could not be repaired" and they were sending me a new one. A ear later I got a Gen 2 24/7. It was nice, but not as good as the original. It did not work so I sent it back for repairs. All this was at Taurus' expense, so they did right by me. I no longer trusted the Gen 2 24/7, though, so I sold it unfired. I replaced it with an FNH-F9, which is a great pistol; but I still miss the original 24/7 Pro DS. It was a great firearm! If I had been given the choice, I would have kept it.

#34 ·
The "Taurus trigger issue" just proves that nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.

My PT145 MilPro is still in daily service and I've never had a problem with it.
Do you have a source for parts if anything in your PT145 MilPro does break or wear out? Or will remain in daily service as a paperweight?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.