Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7G2 Trigger issue

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DEADEYE019 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well. I need some help, if there is any out there. First off, I am a shooter from the Great White North. I am trying to find information and or video showing how to properly pull the trigger group out of this gun so I can try and remedy a VERY notchy trigger. I would prefer to send the gun into a warranty depot, but sadly the only one in the whole country no longer services or even works on a Taurus. The importer of the guns for the country is quite useless as they say they will look into it and after a couple of months of waiting I give up. Have talked to Taurus USA, but they sadly can not help me in any way. I have tried very unsuccessfully to contact the main Taurus head office, but am totally ignored. So I now know I am on my own. Other than the notchy trigger the gun has been great for me, no feed issues, shoots dead on, love the feel and the ambi controls. SO, anyone with info or video here that can help me and maybe others ???

#2 ·
I have a G2C in .45 with a very hard trigger, but, assuming I can guess what "notchy" means (I'm not a "gun" guy) I don't have that problem. There are some very knowledgeable people on here, so hopefully someone with a similar issue can weigh in. If you do find something outside of this board, please come back and post the solution so we have it in the archives for when mine has the same problem!

#4 ·
I have have an older full size oss that has the double action/ single action trigger so I am not sure what you mean either.

https://lakelinellc.com/gett-the-gr...-taurus-pt111-g2-pt140-g2-709-or-740-trigger/

If you mean a gritty feel check out this article.

Unfortunately a lot of my go to’s for parts are just plan saying they are out of stock on things though 😕

Hope that helps, might also search the forums or ask a local gunsmith to look at it.

#7 ·
That notch is caused, usually, by the trigger safety. The trigger goes back so far quite easily until it engages. Then, the safety holds just until enough pressure is upon it to release, causing the notchiness. You can often check if this is the problem by pulling the trigger with your left hand. Surprise! The notch is gone. So, there is an easy fix that can be done two ways. Both involve getting the safety to relax through pressure and heat. 1- Strap the trigger safety fully back into the trigger, apply heat from a hair dryer, let sit overnight. 2- Get a piece of heat shrink tubing that will fit tightly over the trigger and safety, apply heat to shrink tube, use gun until the tube slides easily off. Both work, I used the second method and then had the first explained to me. Good luck; either fix, if it works, will make this a new gun!

#8 ·
Thanks Russty, will try that shortly. I have looked at the trigger bar movement very closely and am seeing that when the trigger bar hits the dis connector and starts getting pushed downward, very gritty , with both hands. I have pulled the guts out of the frame, checking every area for contact and making a list for polishing. I am at the point I would like to remove the disconnector to clean and polish the trigger bar contact area, BUT CAN'T remove the pin for the disconnector. It almost seems like it can not be removed as it's extremely tight . Have you ever done such an operation ? There is no way to polish the area unless it gets pulled. Again, thanks for your time, greatly appreciated !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.