I Picked up my compact today (range report added in OP)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I Picked up my compact today (range report added in OP)

A brand new PT24/7 Pro C DS in 9mm:

I found it at my local shop a month ago and plunked $100 down on it as a layaway. Today I just couldn't wait any longer so here it is. This must have been a transition-period gun because it has the ribber grip (old style) and novak sights (new style). I read all of the stories of them being full of grease but I was still amazed at how filthy it was inside. It looked like the inside of the slide was coated with dried alfredo sauce.

The only slight bummer was that Taurus put a 10-round mag in the box instead of the 13-round mag it was supposed to come with. I called Taurus and they said if I send it to them they will make it right. Thankfully I bought two extra 13-rounders for the gun ahead of time so I won't even miss it in transit.

I have never had a gun fit my hand as well as this one does and Saturday morning we will see how well she shoots. If it shoots as well as it feels I will be carrying this as soon as I decide upon a holster.

I will post a range report as soon as I can.

Here is the range report:

I took everyone's advice and cleaned the gun thoroughly and got all the factory gunk out of it and it paid off.

The gun was flawless in regard to functioning. I shot four different kinds of ammo (Remington UMC, CCI Blazer Brass, Winchester White Box and some Magtech) all were 115 grain FMJs. I fired it SA, DA and with random use of the decocker with not even one malfunction.

The only problem with the gun was that it shoots very low and to the right. This happened with all types of ammo at various distances. I couldn't find the target for the first mag it was so bad. I am an experienced shooter and usually know what I do wrong when I miss but this was way off. I shot two other "new to me" guns during our range trip and was doing well with them so it was definitely this gun being off. Once I started aiming at about 10 oclock I was hitting bullseyes almost every time at various distances. I have read through this site and there is talk of these guns fixing themselves after 500-600 rounds. I am at around three hundred and I am not hopeful. The truth of the matter is that this is not a "target" gun anyway, that is big brother OSS' job with the 5.2" barrel.

In the end I am very happy though because my primary use for the gun is CCW and it functioned perfectly with 4 different types of ammo. The low/right thing will not be a concern anyway because the distances involved in a self-defense situation will be "point and shoot" not 10 yards away trying to hit a bullseye. I am going to run a few hundred more rounds through it before I strap it on for daily carry just to be safe.

Overall it is everything that I was looking for in a CCW gun and I recommend it highly for quality and functioning

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Re: I Picked up my compact today

Sweet!
    All your firearms needs. Retail guns at wholesale prices.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=34277.0

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8517 times

I've got one in 45 and love it. It shoots dead on and for a small gun doesn't kick that much for a 45. congrats on yours. I'm sure you'll love it. Make sure you clean the firing pin channel out good with Gunscubber it has a bunch of junk in it and can cause light strikes.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Congrats. very nice gun. I also have the compact in .45. Great weapon.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Congrats!!! It sure is purdy....love the SS slide!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I will be picking mine up by Wednesday of next week.

Same exact deal, looks great!

What model number is yours? I'm not sure whether I got the DS or not.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by sddykstr
    I will be picking mine up by Wednesday of next week.

Same exact deal, looks great!

What model number is yours? I'm not sure whether I got the DS or not.
    The box says 1-247099PC17
    The store had three of them with the exact same part number but mine was the only one that said DS on the slide. That was another reason I jumped on it when I did. I hope you get the same model, they are sweet.

Member #
    Liked
    1250 times

Sweet ! Have the same minus the decock. Love it Enjoy
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ " The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
    Support the sport Take a friend to the range

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face."--Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: I Picked up my compact today (range report added in OP)

i have the exact gun only mine .45 and it shot low to the left when i first got it. i now have 400 round through it and it shoots where i aim now im very happy with this gun as well

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links