Markings on flat of barrel normal?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Markings on flat of barrel normal?

Hi! I recently bought my first Taurus, a 24/7 OSS DS. After firing a box of shells, I noticed markings on the part of the barrel that is visible above the trigger. I'm talking about the top of the barrel (flat part that's visible because of the ejection port. In the Taurus catalog, this part is black in color. But, I think that most that have been shipped are shiny, bare metal. IN ANY CASE, after firing 50 rounds, there are markings (left to right) on the flat part of the barrel. I don't know what else to call them but markings. They're not what I'd call scratches. They're not deep, but they're there. I might expect markings running length-wise, but not left-right. Is this typical? I'd appreciate your opinions. I don't have a photo at this time, but will try and get one if anyone thinks this isn't normal. Thanks in advance! By the way, nary a problem at the range. All cartridges fed, fired and ejected perfectly. The long trigger pull will get some getting used to, but that's because I've mainly used 1911s. The magazine doesn't drop without a bit of help, but I think that will disappear with use. So far, I think it's great.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Markings on flat of barrel normal?

Without pictures can't say for sure but it sounds like normal wear, mine has wear in that area.
    24/7 Pro DS
    Glock 17
    Charter 38
    Bursa 380

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks, chief. I'll try photos one of these times. Also, I stumbled on a range report on another forum (can't remember which one) in which the owner reports the same thing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thats normal wear, the slide runs rearward over the Breech. Depending what the guns purpose is its no problem. You will also see the same thing on fron of barrel. As far as the sticky magazines, do a search and you will find a post on several remedies to this. I had the same isse with my 24/7 PRO, and a lil sandpaper to the magazine catch solved it.
    NRA member
    blackgunowners.org

Sponsored Links