Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 G2C 45 ACP 12/10 rd mags Update

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  maddog1960 
#1 · (Edited)
Team,

This is my first post and I would like to start off by saying thank you to all those who post great information for others to benefit from.

I just ordered (3) PT 24/7 G2C (compact) 45 ACP 12 round magazines and mag extension grips (prolongations) directly from Taurus in Miami today. As someone else pointed out they're also available at MidwayUSA (I called and they have the in stock as of 9/25/2015). I was told by the Taurus Customer Service Rep that the 10 round magazines are no longer for commercial sale and that they are only issued with the firearm when purchased new. Good luck finding them via private sellers, gun shows, and etc. I know many people have been waiting for years for these magazines and for those of us who held on to them this is great news. I will update this post once I have received them. Good luck.

K

Finally I have spare mags, they came in today and they fit perfectly.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Texas! I bought most of my mags from MidwayUSA. They have excellent prices on mags and their shipping charges are very reasonable. As Texas will allow open carry in 3 more months, I do not see the needs of the shorty mags for my compacts anymore (would be nice to have them, though). I'm not going to openly carry my EDC but I will not have to worry much about printing then.

I believe you said Taurus CSR was talking about the shorty 10rd mag.

#9 ·
I made it to the range today; shot some Perfecta 45/230gr brass with no issues for the first round. Then I shot Monarchs steel and same weight and it was noticeably more cumbersome to load (the casings were thicker) so keep this in mind when you're buying ammo. I only shot ball ammo no hollows. I had quite a few FTF and stove pipes. The gun was cleaned prior to shooting. I'm sure things will loosen up but for now I'm going to just run brass through it. I hope this helps someone going forward.

#13 ·
Sorry, I never saw your post. I ordered 3 extension from Taurus probably 6 months ago and got them super quick. My few experiences with Taurus customer service have been very positive.

#15 ·
WOW, thanks for posting those links. I've had my G2C for about a year and when I first bought it the 10rd magazines did not exist anywhere. I had given up on ever getting another short of buying another gun.

It is interesting that both links are for gunmagwarehouse, but on eBay they give away the shipping but on their own web site it is $4.99. You'd think they'd have the better deal on their own site since they avoid eBay fees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.