Taurus 24/7 9mm problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Taurus 24/7 9mm problems

Just found this forum and thought I would post my problem with my 24/7 and see if anyone else has had the same problem.

I was able to get around 300rds shot before failure. The slide wouldn't stay open. Taurus received it on the Feb-28 and It was returned today.

Repairs made:
    Slide catch mod replaced
    Captive recoil spring assy replaced
    Firing ping replaced

I can't wait to get back out to the range and test it out. I hope I have better luck because I really like this gun

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Taurus 24/7 9mm problems

At least the warranty is good, I personally don't own a 24/7 but it's always good to hear both good and bad things about a product that way a proper decision can be made.

Member #
    Liked
    8660 times

Welcome to the forum. Magazines usually are the culprit, but Taurus covered all the bases trying to solve this. Give us an update. Sounds like the problem should be solved. The possible problem areas were coverd by Taurus. Magazine catches can be a frequent source of trouble and are for many makes and models for many different companies.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

By any chance was the gun used? That looks like the abuse of really hot loads. I have never heard a problem on the 9. There have been problems with some early 45's but several including me have these now and have no problems at all. Good luck with your pistol. I bet it is fixed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

No I bought the gun new. I have only shot the winchester white box at walmart through it. These are the notes the Taurus gunsmith left on my paper:

We recommend not using reloaded ammunition ( I have never used reloaded ammo)
    Firearm needs to be cleaned after each use ( I clean everytime after shooting)

Not sure what happened but I'm glad to have it back. I'm going to shoot it today!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I have got the same problem with my 9mm 24/7. The slide rail wont stay locked back after magazine is empty and went to range today and I had 3 out of a 100 shells get stuck in the slide and not ejecting or letting the slide close. I too only use winchester white box ammo from the range.

Member #
    Liked
    8660 times

Time to try another brand of ammo. Could be a function problem alone. Breaking in periods usually take some experimentation with other brands as well as several hundred rounds to get the inner parts to wear in. There might be a few fail to fires, jams,or fail to eject during break in periods. The break in gets the kinks out during the process. Does the magazine completely lock in place when seated. If it hangs down or does not lock and it should be felt as well as heard as a audible click, then either use slightly more force to push the magazine more to go home, or tap the bottom with the palm of the hand. This will seat the magazine properly. Otherwise the magazine catch or the mag it self can be the problem. Replacement will be needed. There are other reasons this can happen. Checking the FAQ section here on gun break ins and periods are addressed there and hold useful info on what to door how to proceed once the gun is purchased..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I was able to get 100rds through my 24/7 with no problems yesterday! I'll feel safer once I get past 500rd's but so far so good.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Mine was flawless for over 1500 rounds before my first failure to fully eject. but now uhhhhh

Member #
    Liked
    30 times

I've yet to have a problem with any of my Taurus pistols and I primarily shot tons of Wolf, along with Winchester, UMC, and Blazer ammo.
    PT92 old model
    PT92 decocker
    PT99 decocker
    PT1911 45cal
    PT1911 45cal AR
    2x PT1911 45cal SS
    PT1911 45cal DUOTONE
    2x PT1911 9mm (one blued and one SS)
    PT24/7 45cal DAO
    PT24/7 PRO LS 45cal
    2x 24/7 OSS SS 45cal/9mm
    2x PT24/7 9mm standard and 9mm compact
    PT145
    PT745 PRO 45
    PT911
    PT908
    PT945 Factory Ported
    TAURUS 709 SS
    JUDGE Public Defender Polymer SS
    JUDGE Magnum 3"
    TAURUS 738 TCP 380
    TAURUS 738 TCP 380 SS/Rasberry (For the Wife.... Seriously)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links