Back again, need some advise. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Back again, need some advise.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I've never bought a firearm online.
    I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how or what kind of hoops I would need to jump through once the purchase is made.

I've been going to the same gun shop for 16 years, got my first rifle pistol there with my dad when i was 10 years old for Christmas

Member #
    Liked
    15445 times
    Gotta throw this into the mix. Go with a PT911. 15+1, all metallic medium frame. You cant beat it.

Here it is on gunbroker. Its simple ordering. Buy it, call and pay, they ship it to your ffl and its business as normal.

Taurus 9mm PT911 Vertec ty 16 Shot 2 Mags NIB : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
    I don't always open carry, but when I do I prefer DeSantis.

Member #
    Liked
    709 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingIron View Post
    I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how or what kind of hoops I would need to jump through once the purchase is made.

I've been going to the same gun shop for 16 years, got my first rifle pistol there with my dad when i was 10 years old for Christmas
    It's really not as difficult as you would think. I have purchased 4 or 5 from Bud's with good results. They list FFL's in your area that they deal with and thus far the small shop that I go to only charges me a $25 fee (Which is covered by the fact that I don't pay local tax). You should check it out, you may be pleasantly surprised!
    ”A free people ought to be armed.”
    - George Washington

"No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often. "
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Remember Duane Allman

Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation

PT 738 TCP
    PT 24/7 G2 40
    PT 111 G2
    M66
    M608

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum_Gauge View Post
    Gotta throw this into the mix. Go with a PT911. 15+1, all metallic medium frame. You cant beat it.

Here it is on gunbroker. Its simple ordering. Buy it, call and pay, they ship it to your ffl and its business as normal.

Taurus 9mm PT911 Vertec ty 16 Shot 2 Mags NIB : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
    I would not be taking advice from this guy. Everything he owns begins with a nine.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Magnum_Gauge likes this.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Member #
    Liked
    25587 times
    I'm trying to keep my options for my semi-auto's in 9mm simply for the convenience of not having to buy multiple calibers of ammo.
    I already do enough of that with my revolvers (went to the range last week and foolishly brought my 44mag rounds with my Ruger black-hawk 41magnum) ended up having to spend an extra $60 to get some ammo there rather than drive all the way home.
    could be worse , try showing up with a 1911 in 38 Super, 200 rounds of 38 Super ammo and 3-- 1911 45 ACP magazines!
    you can forget finding/buying either 38 super mags or ammo in these parts.
    fortunately always carry more than 1weapon with me to the range.
    I had to shoot 200 through that wimpy old 10MM.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    25587 times
    Quote Originally Posted by palabman View Post
    It's really not as difficult as you would think. I have purchased 4 or 5 from Bud's with good results. They list FFL's in your area that they deal with and thus far the small shop that I go to only charges me a $25 fee (Which is covered by the fact that I don't pay local tax). You should check it out, you may be pleasantly surprised!
    Yep, I have bought a few pistols online , always because of the crazy good price of them.
    the things to remember when buying online is that FFL fee and shipping may be additional to the cost, and some places Like Buds charges extra for credit cards.
    the buyer should insist on opening the box, throughly checking the weapon BEFORE filling out the paperwork or paying the fees.
    if its not up to snuff then refuse the weapon and ask them to return it for replacement or refund, thats the down side of buying online, you only get to look , compare the one weapon that you receive.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    15445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by codegeek View Post
    I would not be taking advice from this guy. Everything he owns begins with a nine.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Your point being?

BTW, my PT38s doesnt begin with a 9
    I don't always open carry, but when I do I prefer DeSantis.

Member #
    Liked
    3472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum_Gauge View Post
    Your point being?

BTW, my PT38s doesnt begin with a 9
    BWHAHAHA! tucked in there next to the 938C, I see what you did there
    Magnum_Gauge likes this.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Member #
    Liked
    1180 times

You will need to have a local FFL to transfer the gun from the online store to your place, normally it's 1 of your local gun shops. Check the transfer fee each one would charge to select the cheapest one. When you order the gun(s) online, you'll be asked to provide your local FFL info to the store and you will also need to ask the local FFL to fax or email a copy of their FFL to the online store. When the gun(s) comes to the FFL, they will call you to come to fill out the Form 4473, do the NICS background check (if you're not a concealed handgun license holder) and pick up the gun.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Hey-o everyone!

I've got an update to my situation. I'm stuck between three great options and would like to hear your thoughts on which might be the better option.

The main criteria as-to why I've selected these are as follows.
    Must hold at a minimum 10-12 rounds of 9mm, must cost under $500, must weigh under 26-28 ounces (the lighter, the better), and must feel good in the hand without being larger than 7"x6"

Here they are, in no particular order, along with each weapon's stats.
    1. Taurus PT-111G2
    (length=6.2", Barrel length=3.2", width=1", height=5.1", weight=22oz, sight radius=5.8", 12 rounds, average cost=$340)

2. Ruger SR9C
    (length=6.85", Barrel length=3.4", width=1.3", height=4.6", weight=23.4oz, sight radius=6.5", 10 rounds, average cost=$410)

3. Smith and Wesson M&P9c
    (length=6.7", Barrel length=3.5", width=1.2", height=4.3", weight=21.7oz, sight radius=5.7", 12 rounds, average cost=$464)

I've searched around for about 3 months now and I've found these at my local gun shops for a fair price. A few didn't make the cut for my list for various reasons. I'll list the one's that are most likely to be brought-up below

These are just my plain-faced opinions I'm not trying to offend anyone or start a flame-war.
    1. Beretta PX4 Storm Compact - Price & Weight, although a great weapon, it's easily 5-6 more ounces than the heaviest of the weapons i've listed above, and this gun is also slightly more than i can afford right now.
    2. Glock 26 or 19 - Cost & Ergo's, I know, I know. Glocks are dependable, Glocks are reliable, yada yada... They just don't feel good in my hands. I've shot my cousin's G19 for over 8 years and it still feels like a clunky Lego in my hand. Personally, a gun shouldn't feel that bad if it costs that much.
    3. Sig P250 compact or sub-compact - They were on the list, but i had to cut some stuff. I think the P250s are fantastic weapons overall, but they just didn't make the cut for this purchase.
    4. Kel Tec PF9 and P11 - I think the trigger on the pf9 is way too far forward and makes for an uncomfortable DA pull. The p11 is better, but just not what I'm looking for right now
    5. Anything from Springfield and/or 1911's - I don't like grip safeties, i think they have cooties
    6. Revolvers - I own 6 revolvers in a couple different calibers and only 2 semi-autos (a Ruger MKII target and a 709), I'd like to spice things up with a few more ploy-guns

Thanks in-advance for all your thoughts and opinions everyone, carry-on!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links