Back again, need some advise. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Back again, need some advise.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Having 7 rounds is nice (much better than being defenseless), But having a dozen rounds would be nicer in my opinion.

For my piece of mind, I would feel better having 6 sets of double-taps than 3 with a "winger".

Member #
    Liked
    14973 times
    If you have the 709 already I'd go with the 24/7 or the MilPro as suggested. The manual of arms (where everything is at and functions) should be virtually the same. That way if you get into an OH SH!T situation you don't have to remember which gun you have. JMO.
    Wino likes this.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Member #
    Liked
    29252 times
    The time proven (1904) 9 mm cartridge in the compact (3.2" barreled) light weight (22 oz.) thin (1.2") hi-capacity (12+1) PT-111 G2 is the closest thing to a "Once Size Fits All" duty/off duty/concealed carry self defense gun one can find.

After a 50 year search, and until something better comes along, it "IS" my "GRAIL" gun for such purposes.

btleslie likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26135 times
    Well in 9 MM I have 2 small weapons that I love, the Taurus 24/7 C Pro D/S, which they no longer make, I am not familiar with the G-2 at all.
    and my number one carry gun is the Beretta PX4 SC (sub compact), SA/DA, great fixed low profile sights (with the option) from Beretta to get fully adjustable sights, Tritum sights, fiber optic sights, it has a 3 inch barrel, super great tooling and machining, Bruniton finish, great Berertta support, including all kinds of accessories, you know like "Magazines"and "Holsters", and superior factory service, Here the gun runs about 509.00 bucks.
    really think of it as fat 709, other than width (ambi saety) its the same height/ length as the 709.-really smaller
    OH and it packs 13 +1 rounds of 9MM goodness
    They also make a compact in 4 inch barrel..
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by olfarhors; 01-05-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Fibonacci likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    the px4storm-compact was one of my first choices when i was making my list of possible options, but the cheapest i could find it in my area was around $525-$550.
    That was almost as much as a new pt111g2 and a 709 combined.
    The Px4 full-size and compact ARE sexy guns, and they feels amazing to shoot. But i need something i wont mind getting scuffed, scratched, dirty, or possibly relinquished to the authorities if it were to be used to save my life or that of my family.

A few friends have been pressuring me to "suck it up and get a Glock" but personally.........
    (*whispers* I don't like the way glock's feel in my hand AT ALL... and they cost too much *ends whispering*)

The one feature i like that the 24/7G2 has that the PT111G2 doesn't, is the decocker option to force it back into DA-mode. That's how I'd like to carry ideally, round in the chamber, DA, safety-off
    Thanks for the advise so-far everyone, i hope to get even more input from you all

Member #
    Liked
    1180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingIron View Post
    The one feature i like that the 24/7G2 has that the PT111G2 doesn't, is the decocker option to force it back into DA-mode. That's how I'd like to carry ideally, round in the chamber, DA, safety-off
    Thanks for the advise so-far everyone, i hope to get even more input from you all
    You need to decock the 24/7 Pro to force it to go to DA for the 1st shot but you do not need to decock the 24/7 G2 to have the 1st shot in DA because the 24/7 G2 has DA/SA trigger. I rarely used the decocker safety on the 24/7 Pro & 24/7 G2 pistols.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26135 times
    To each his/her own!
    550 bucks for a tool that will last you a life time isn't that much to me but we all must live (or Die) within or budgets. the PX4 of course comes with the decocker and several other features to numerous to mention, but there are plenty of other good/great weapons out here, we all have our likes/dislikes.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    35178 times

Sig P250 Sub-Compact, 12 rounds, 6.7" long, 1.1" wide, 4.7" tall, $420-$480
    Smith & Wesson M&P9C, 12 rounds, 6.7" long, 1.2" wide, 4.3" tall, $425-$495
    Taurus 24/7 G2Compact, 13 rounds, 6.5" long, 1.2" wide, 5" tall, $400-$465

Of those the closest I have is a Sig P250C in .40 S&W. I love it, it is an accurate firearm that goes bang when I want it to and has proven very reliable.

I am also kicking around getting the 24/7 G2 in .45 acp and from the ones I have handled and shot, I like them alot as well.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Okay, if i can find a good deal on a PT111G2 (hopefully in stainless) I'll get it. After looking at it again real hard, it's starting to grow on me.

I'm trying to keep my options for my semi-auto's in 9mm simply for the convenience of not having to buy multiple calibers of ammo.
    I already do enough of that with my revolvers (went to the range last week and foolishly brought my 44mag rounds with my Ruger black-hawk 41magnum) ended up having to spend an extra $60 to get some ammo there rather than drive all the way home.

Maybe in a year or so I'll get a 24/7G2C.... or if i can sweet-talk my local gun store owner into giving me a deal

Member #
    Liked
    710 times
    Okay, if i can find a good deal on a PT111G2 (hopefully in stainless) I'll get it. After looking at it again real hard, it's starting to grow on me.
    Bud's Gun Shop has one in black for $333.00. I almost pulled the trigger myself but am waiting for an M66 revolver I just purchased.
    ”A free people ought to be armed.”
    - George Washington

"No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often. "
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Remember Duane Allman

Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation

PT 738 TCP
    PT 24/7 G2 40
    PT 111 G2
    M66
    M608