Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Pump action Taurus rifle in .22 mag

Come out come out where ever you are. Anyone know where I can find one of these?
    New or used. Or other brands. I think Henry makes a nice one. Maybe I will have to settle on
    Lever action.
    Thanks, happy holidays.
    M.

Member #
    Liked
    14659 times
    Henry does make a pump, if I remember it is on Walmarts can order list. If I remember correctly there was one for sale in the Classifieds section. Not sure if it sold or not.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((º> ><((((º> ><((((º> Fish on! <º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    11233 times
    Here is one on Guns America, and the price looks decent.

MINT TAURUS MODEL 72 22 MAG CAL LIKE WINCHESTER PUMP RIFLE for sale (920105504)

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Member #
    Liked
    9693 times
    I totally appreciate the breadth of the gun world offerings but semi auto offers such a great advantage for follow up shots especially with low recoil guns like 22 cal.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have one like LoneStar Jake shows except it has the shorter barrel (16"?) it holds 10 rounds of 22 mag. It is a dandy little gun that is great for woods wandering, under the seat truck gun and just lean it in the corner and hide it with a 2X4 garage gun. We all buy and carry what we are comfortable with and comforted by and my comfort level is ^with pumps. as evidenced by my Rem 870 20g, Browning BPS 12g, Rem 760 30-06, Rem 14A .35 Rem and Taurus 72 22 mag. I would love to find an old IMI Timberwolf in 357 mag, talk about an ideal patrol carbine-house gun-woods walker-truck gun!
    I ran across my 72 at a gun show after a week that I had already bought a Ruger Hawkeye and the Rem 14a and just had to have it. I had to spread out the reveal of those 3 to my wife over the next many months.
    Keep looking they are out there and worth the search, good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    14659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
    I totally appreciate the breadth of the gun world offerings but semi auto offers such a great advantage for follow up shots especially with low recoil guns like 22 cal.
    You are correct, but lever guns and pump actions are more fun to shoot.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((º> ><((((º> ><((((º> Fish on! <º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    11233 times
    And a pump is quicker getting a next shot off than a lever. I came real close, and have always regretted not getting one of the last ones that Academy had for $257 3 or 4 years ago. I've shot a lot of pump .22's of other peoples, and did have one of the Short gallery 1983 versions of the Rossi 62 in .22 L.R., without the funky safety on top. My oldest son has the gun, I sure would like to buy it from him.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Links