Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Maybe all I really need is a good head slap, but words of wisdom couldn't hurt..

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9767 times

Maybe all I really need is a good head slap, but words of wisdom couldn't hurt..

OK, it's bee about a year since the Rossi Ranch Hand hit the market, and were extreemly difficult to find. The the second wave of inventory came along and most were still going for MSRP. I can now pick one up local for around $440 OTD and I find myself sitting on the fence.
    I mean lets face it, it is a novelty gun even though it is legally a pistol, it ain't. Can't call it a rife, heck it is too short. Does it really have a place it should fit into other than a novelty firearm.
    It looks neat, could be fun....but for how long before the novelty wears off. I do have a few hundred .45LC ammo rounds, but then I do still have my Ruger Vaquero and Raging Judge that will eat the .45LC. I don't need it, but well............what to do, what to do?
    Give me some direction, imput, head slap or something.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4579 times
    I'm with you I have handled one and loved it. I would get it in 38, 357 as thats what I have. They say they sell a lot of them at Academy but I just can't get my mind sold on what I would do with it that I can't do with my hand guns. It's one of those things I get a headache from just wanting to think about it. I hope I never walk in with enough money but I do have other guns that I have higher on the need list then one of those. Like a full size lever action, I don't have one and would love to own one in even 30.30. I grew up hunting with one and love the way they feel. They are one of the most natural pointing guns I have ever shot. Open sights all the way it just hits what I'm aiming at.
    jonrjen likes this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1536 times
    The Winchester Mares leg came in pretty handy in Zombieland so the Rossi should fill that notch easily.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    U.S. Navy (92-97)
    USS Alabama (SSBN 731) blue crew
    USS Philadelphia (SSN 690)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9767 times
    I hear what you are saying, at least maybe I am not crazy. Or if I am, I now have company who understands. Not sure that is a good thing for either of us .....lol.

I do have a Marlin lever action that I haven't pulled out in a while, maybe I need to. Could just help cure the bug for wanting the Ranch Hand. I guess another part is that I have been on a bit of a buying spree as of late...all handguns. I try to stagger them out best I can, but there are a few in the pipeline waiting shipping. I try to buy guns that if ever needed would be easy to recycle into the market (Legally) at a price that would either be a break even or better return. I'm not sure the Ranch Hand fits that description and criteria. But then fun seldom does.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9767 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks9293 View Post
    The Winchester Mares leg came in pretty handy in Zombieland so the Rossi should fill that notch easily.
    Good point, but taken with a grain of salt. Another plus would be the Rossi is much less expensive.

Member #
    Liked
    8031 times
    Get it! GET IT!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    5959 times
    I didn't actually know that they were that hard to find?
    I know of 3 gun shops in the immediate area that have them, saw 2 just this morning at the range.
    Now I have no idea of what the price is as I have no desire to own one.
    I can't see a real reason for the gun and can think of other weapons that i would rather have than that one, but hey if it calls to you then get it.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    10033 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Get it! GET IT!!!!

+1. You're overthinking this way too much.
    Denton likes this.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    If your budget has room for a firearm for pure snicks and giggles? The various 'mare's leg' offerings fit the bill for impractical fun guns.
    Several firearms in .22LR, .380ACP, 9mm, 7.62x25, 7.62 Nagant. 7.62x54R and .45ACP. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Give me some direction, imput, head slap or something.
    I'll pass on giving you a head slap...but will offer my input.

If this is a gun you've really been thinking about for a while...and deep down inside you really, really want it and can afford it; I say go for it.

You probably won't "get your investment back" if you decide to part with it down the line; but that's the way it has been with me on every firearm I've ever sold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links