Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Single shot, multi-barrel rifles, any experience?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wink Single shot, multi-barrel rifles, any experience?

I'm visiting one of my daughters in Ohio and saw a Rossi muti-barrel gun in the local, big gun store yesterday. I think it was a youth model as it was fairly short, but with the rubber cheek rest high on the stock and the great sights it was quick to come to imaginary target. It had .22 LR, .410, and .243 barrels with it. No scope, but I don't believe it would be necessary. It was drilled for scope mount though. The price was $279. What do you think of this gun if you have one or have tried one and what about the price? I sold my Remington bolt action .243 a couple of months ago to someone who wanted it more than me. I reload .243 so I want another. I figured the .410 would be good for snakes around the farm. I don't need the .22 as I have a couple of semi-autos. What's your opinion. Thanks for the input.

Dave
    If God once forgets me, I never was!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3652 times
    At first read through, I thought you meant a double or triple barreled gun. Hmmmm, I've had single shot break open guns but never one with replaceable barrels. I almost got hooked into a Thompson Center pistol like that once, but I'm too hooked into guns with magazines.

Although, you mentioned a youth gun. Something like that might be perfect for letting loose a kid going hunting. My folks would cut me loose with a break open .410 when I was about 12 or so. For the money, it sounds like you would get a versatile 3-caliber gun for use for just about any need.

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2785 times
    My step mom has a Rossi Trifecta like you speak of and loves it. Pretty accurate little getup. I have a CVA optima with a 50 cal muzzleloader, a 22-250 barrel and a 270 barrel. These are accurate as any gun I have owned and thoroughly love them.
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    i had one , worked great , i do ike the nef/ h&r single shots better, but yu cant switch the barrel like the rossi ,

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    My wife bought a Rossi Combo rifle. It has a .22lr, .243, and a 20 gauge barrel. The .22 and .243 are very accurate, and it's very easy to shoot. This is a youth model, as she is fairly short and a full length rifle is too long for her to shoot comfortably. I have shot this rifle and found it a very nice rifle. It is fairly light, and comes with a case that contains the receiver/stock, and all three barrels. For a compact system that can be carried in any vehicle, and doesn't take up a lot of room, it was quite the buy. She got it for about $180 as this was the last one the store had and she got an additional 20% off as we also got a store credit card at the time (we got it at Dick's Sporting Goods here in Vegas).
    John Wayne: "[on America] I can tell you why I love her. I have a lust for her dignity. I look at her wonderfully classic face, and I see hidden in it a sense of humor that I love. I think of wonderful, exciting, decent things when I look at her . . ."

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1504 times
    My son has a Rossi combo .410 & .22 lr. It's a great little gun. It's pretty accurate reliable shooter. He beats on it pretty good the bluing is holding up like a champ the stock is pretty stout. I would recommend one to anyone interested in one.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    U.S. Navy (92-97)
    USS Alabama (SSBN 731) blue crew
    USS Philadelphia (SSN 690)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Can I assume that the 22LR shoots 22 short as well?

Member #
    Liked
    704 times
    Hi,

I have a Savage over/under 22 / 410 rifle Model 24. It's a single shot in each barrel.
    I don't have any other barrels that attached to it. But, I do like the way it breaks apart for transport.
    Sweet gun, and I have owned it for years, mostly for varmints and woodpeckers around the house and property.

Rob

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3652 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StvSmith View Post
    Can I assume that the 22LR <barrel> shoots 22 short as well?
    Yes sir!

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    [IMG][/IMG]I have just purchased a Rossi matched pair in .22/20ga with youth composite stocks. I purchased it online via Gallery of Guns Gun Genie. The scope mount, removable cheek piece and recoil pad as illustrated in the Rossi online product description were missing. So far Rossi has not responded to my inquiries. As received, the gun was covered with what appeared to be cosmoline as you would find on a milsurp rifle. It was brown, smelly and hard to remove. Once cleaned, I took it to the range and put several hundred rounds through it. I was very happy with the performance. The open fiber optic sights would be good for a youth, but my senior citizen eyes cannot properly focus on them. I subsequently found a scope mount and installed a Millet SP1 red dot sight. Four hundred more rounds and I was extremely pleased – I think I will be using this a lot. The manual that came with the gun says not to use .22 shorts or 20 gauge slugs. Name:  DSCF0057.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  939.3 KBName:  DSCF0072.jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  854.5 KB
    I installed an ATI six position stock and I am very happy with it. The fit is a little crude, but I do not think it would bother most people. I fitted it some with a dremel tool and will probably do more fitting until it suits me. This does not interfere with the function at all, merely cosmetic. The stock comes with a forearm that does not fit the Youth model. I tried, but ATI will not sell the stock without the forearm. The stock bolt is very deep in the stock and you will need the longest extension to remove it. The instructions say to use a 9/16th socket and I did use one to remove the stock, but I find the bolt is actually ½ inch. To install the new stock you will need a large Phillips head screwdriver with at least a 9 inch shank.
    Name:  SAM_0101.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  824.5 KB
    Last edited by 7624452; 04-03-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links