Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    343 times

Menace to the Swine...Circuit Judge .45 Long Colt

Hi all, wanted to show off my Hogzilla killa for opening Hog season this year. Its a Taurus/Rossi Circuit Judge that I have set up for .45 Long Colt. The round has been in use since the Civil War and is great for "Big Game." Here is what it cost me so far:

1. New Taurus/Rossi Circuit Judge ($530.00)
    2. Two fifty round Winchester .45 Long Colt boxes ($80)
    3. Barsk Scope ($70) very accurate right out of the box btw
    4. Winchester Universal bi-bod ($35) Walmart
    5. Big Game License and Hunters education course ($20)

Grand total: $735.00, not sure is this is a good deal or a money pit what do you guys think?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4225 times

Re: Menace to the Swine...Circuit Judge .45 Long Colt

There are worse ways to spend your money. Looks like a good rig and you have a plan to use it.

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    343 times

The wood needs to be re-stained, think its safe to do it myself or leave it to a professional?
    As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4225 times

If you have any wood finishing experience you can do it with no problem. Being that it's not a laminate it ought to take a refinish very well.

Even though I've refinished a few long arms, I am no expert with wood on firearms. Be sure to check around the 'net for some advice first.

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23146 times

Good luck, nice looking carbine! I wouldn't go any smaller for wild boar, those things are nasty and can take a punishment, but they taste great if cooked right!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    343 times

I'll have to bag and tag the corpses at the local slaughter-house. Not sure how to cook the meat but couldn't I just boil the meat like sausage?

Member #
    Liked
    3305 times

Let the local slaughter house process it. It's worth the cost for the testing for diseases and having everything cut and wrapped to your orders. Sausage is really up to how you want it. I like mine with venison mixed in and on the spicy side.

When hunting just remember that big looks cool mounted, but smaller and younger tastes better.

Here's my Hog Killa. It's a .458 SOCOM shooting 405 grains of flatnose goodness @ a little above 1,600 fps.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

Member #
    Liked
    16063 times

Tell the butcher what you want, I have had great sausage, hams, chops, ribs, and pulled pork from wild hogs. Just a liitle stronger flavor then regular pork, and alot less fat. I have not gone Hog Hunting yet, plan on it this fall. Most of the people I work with have gone, they often bring in some to share. One guy even cooked the whole hog in a pit for like 10 hours, it was the best pork I ever had.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((º> ><((((º> ><((((º> Fish on! <º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23146 times

Quote Originally Posted by Long_Shot
    I'll have to bag and tag the corpses at the local slaughter-house. Not sure how to cook the meat but couldn't I just boil the meat like sausage?
    I love the way they do javilina (stink pig) down in South Texas. Clean it, dig a deep pit, light a fire in it, let it burn. While the fire is burning down to embers wrap the cleaned hog in foil. place it on the still red hot embers, cover with dirt, light a fire on top of the dirt. When the fire on top burns out, she should be good!

I also agree with the others, if you don't want to do the pit, then let the butcher handle it. Tell him what you want and he should be able to deliver!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    343 times

Quote Originally Posted by chicharrones™
    Being that it's not a laminate it ought to take a refinish very well. Even though I've refinished a few long arms, I am no expert with wood on firearms. Be sure to check around the 'net for some advice first.
    Well Ive never re-finished a rifle before, but I have re-finished a few tables, chairs. I could always turn into one of these...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links