Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New Guy with question...

Hello All, I am new to this forum and this is my first post here. First let me say I really like the forum so far and have read a lot of intersting post, now on to my question. I have a Legacey International puma/rossi leveraction in .357, I would like to use my rifle for hog hunting but would like to use some heavy 180gr ammo that is available from either Buffalo Bore or Double Tap, my question is would the rifle action be strong enough to use this ammo and would the ammo properly be able to cycle through the action...? Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help you all can provide me.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17477 times

Re: New Guy with question...

I can't offer you any insights on the information you requested, but I can jump in and welcome you to the #1 handgun forum on the Internet!

Hang in there...some of our real firearm gurus will be along shortly to assist you.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

MilproGuy, Thank you for the warm welcome. I really like the forum and from what I've read I can't wait to purchase a taurus or rossi handgun....My friend actually has a taurus tracker in .357 that is very accurate and fun to shoot, he has had no issues with it so far and has owned it for years...

Member #
    Liked
    3722 times

Welcome from the Northwoods of MN.

There are some others on here that have 357 lever actions who should be able to give you some insight regarding the their ability to handle heavier loads.
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lil Beaver, Thank you for the post. I anxiously await some the helpful advice....I just don't want to ruin a perfectly good rifle by feeding it ammunition it cannot handle....I would resort to looking at the owners manual, buuuuut I lost it.....

Member #
    Liked
    13321 times

Look for the manual here...........http://www.rossiusa.com/manuals.cfm
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

fishinkeylargo, Thanks for the web link. I tried to download the owner's manual but for some reason the file would not open, I may try it again later to see if I can get it to download to take a look at it. Again thanks for the link...

Links