Member #
    Liked
    319 times

Dave's Circuit Judge

Great rifle and very accurate, will review after I get some more time with it. More pics of our newly appointed Circuit Judge! They should have called it "The Arsenal," instead of the "Circuit Judge."

Safety is my A#1 when it comes to fire-arms. Experienced Army and Police Veterans have told me accidental deaths occur more frequently than anything else, so make sure you ALWAYS treat the weapon as if it loaded at all times!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I think the Taurus 24/7, in any version, is a gun you can stake your life on. Im staking mine.
    And I think the Taurus 24/7 OSS is about to give the competition an interesting challenge.
    Dick Metcalf, Writer - Guns&Ammo Magazine (June/2007)[SIGPIC]

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3651 times

Re: Dave's Circuit Judge

Looks like another hunting Circuit Judge. Congrats and welcome to Taurus Armed!

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    193 times

Congrats... I have been looking for one of these in my area but haven't found one yet.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Member #
    Liked
    55 times

Nice!!! Looks great. I like it. Have you shot some LC ammo. What is your accuracy. I got a bit disappointed yesterday. Groups were **** at 50 yards with my cast hand loads. Will be trying some jacketed bullets next.

Cheers,
    Mad

Member #
    Liked
    319 times

Its very accurate with 45 Long Colt, depending on the grain. I used the same old-school Winchester 45 Long Colt that they have been making since late 19th Century. Its expensive; $40 for box of 50 rounds plus $20 range time, buts its worth every penny in my book. My local Wally World does not carry the ammo. The scope is a Barsk with a red-day reticule, at 75 feet it was dead-on first go around. Going skeet shooting next before I take her out for opening Hog season, I'll probably carry some bird-shot in case I run into any Turkey's.

Some facts about 45 Long Colt:

"Today's standard factory loads develop around 400 ftlbs (540 J) of muzzle energy at about 860 ft/s (260 m/s), making it roughly equivalent to modern .45 ACP loads. There are Cowboy Action Shooting loads which develop muzzle velocities of around 750 ft/s (230 m/s)." (Winchester)

"The .45 Colt cartridge remains in use 138 years after its introduction. It is used as a hunting load on animals the size of deer and black bear. Heavier hand-loads will take the same range of big game animals as the .44 Magnum. Several two-barrel derringers are sold that are chambered in .45 Colt, and some of these derringers can chamber a .410 bore shotgun shell without any modifications being required. Revolvers chambered in .410 shotgun are usually chambered for the 45 Colt such as the Taurus Judge. However, the most popular use for the .45 Colt today is in Cowboy Action Shooting, where the round is fired from either original or replicas of the 1873 Colt Single-Action Army." (Winchester)
    I think the Taurus 24/7, in any version, is a gun you can stake your life on. Im staking mine.
    And I think the Taurus 24/7 OSS is about to give the competition an interesting challenge.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times

My problem is that I do not want to spend the $$ on the ammo. Reloading still saves lots of mula. I will have to try some factory bullets though. There is always a chance my casted Lee bullets are not up to the task. I will make some loads this week and also report on the CJ accuracy.

Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Mad

Member #
    Liked
    319 times

Good news on the 45 Long Colt price crisis! I went to a local gun shop today on my lunch break and "Federal Ammo" has 50 round boxes of regular .45 Colt for $20! I figure I will range with this and save the Winchesters for serious hunting excursions, which is really some relief. I like shooting this thing so much my wife was worried we would go broke buying ammo

Member #
    Liked
    319 times

Quote Originally Posted by mp3mogul
    Congrats... I have been looking for one of these in my area but haven't found one yet.
    Went to Bass Pro yesterday for some ammo, they have 1 Circuit Judge, he said he can order more if you want. They are $530.00 which is not bad at all for a chain retailer.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Is that camo tape in the stock and handguard, or was it painted/dipped??

Member #
    Liked
    319 times

Quote Originally Posted by rslu
    Is that camo tape in the stock and handguard, or was it painted/dipped??
    $3.00 ACU camo tape from Wally World(Wal-Mart). Wanted to see how it would look with digital camo, also it will help keep the wood dry, the resale value will not be affected since the original wood is still intact and un-scarred.

Links