Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Getting the Circuit Judge today

Hey all,

I am picking up the carbine today from my FFL guy. Super excited. Read so much about it. I hope it is all that I read about it. The range report is coming next. I will go shooting some clays with it on Saturday as well as some 45LC ammo. If it shoots well I will take it bird hunting on Sunday at the local farm here in VA. Yappieeeeee!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Mad

Member #
    Liked
    102 times

Re: Getting the Circuit Judge today

You can't know how much I hate you!

Look forward to your range report. I want one of those so badly but no dealer in my area can get one from their distributor. Oh well ... guess I'll just have to wait.
    If'n it ain't broke, then it don't need fixin'

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21292 times

Nice, I am seriously thinking about getting one... it would be my first shotgun... well to own personally that is...
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Quote Originally Posted by Colon Terminus
    You can't know how much I hate you!

Look forward to your range report. I want one of those so badly but no dealer in my area can get one from their distributor. Oh well ... guess I'll just have to wait.
    I was lucky enough to get one from Buds Gun Shop on the internet. And thanks for hating. I hate my self too for not getting it earlier. Wanted it since I heard of those guys first about a year ago. I will post my views/report after this sunday. Maybe before :-)

Cheers,
    Mad

Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Review

Hello again, gents.

Thirst of let me tell you, I really am enjoying this little contraption. Bird hunting went very well and shooting 45s at the range is also lots of fun. I had one problem with the nickel cases. 10% of them cracked, but I was not able to reproduce the same problem with the regular brass today.
    The gun is capable of shooting around 1 to 1 inch groups with the open sites at 25 yards. Many groups had 3 holes touching and normally I had two flyers. The problem with the factory sites is that you eye gets tired in a matter of a second or two of aiming. My rifle range is covered so I do not have the option of aiming using the fiber optics, just the contour of the sites. It is a very poor design in my opinion. I have no problems using regular square-notched pistol or Russian rifle sites.
    I also installed the scope on the gun today. It was one of my old scopes and I did not realized it is damaged. The crosshair cannot be adjusted into focus so my shooting was not the best today either. But, I can tell you that the gun can shoot 2 to 2.5 inch groups at 50 yards. I shot only hand loads using Lee made 200 gr and 310 gr bullets.
    Other than the above, I can say that the gun is definitely worth the money. It is a nice toy, a nice bird hunter and I hope a nice deer gun (up to maybe 75 yards). I will however install either a peep site or a better scope. This is something I want to test next, BTW.

If you wanna buy it and think about it. Just buy it. You will love it.

Cheers,
    Mad

Links