Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RANCH HAND

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3778 times

Re: RANCH HAND

I'd love one for a fun, "truck gun". Woody Harrelson using it in Zombieland is epically funny.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Zombieland

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4550 times

Thats one funny movie !! It will make you laugh out loud! And the rules to live by are hysterical.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Will the stocks for the full size lever actions fit this gun? Might be interesting to have a full size stock and a 12" barrel. Not sure if it would be legal like that.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3778 times

Quote Originally Posted by hammick
    Might be interesting to have a full size stock and a 12" barrel.
    I believe that would turn that pistol into a short barrelled rifle under the National Firearms Act.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_barreled_rifle

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    No doubt about it; it would be a short barreled rifle and require the special fee/tax.

Member #
    Liked
    1198 times
    The closest LGS to me is the only one that has them in my area so far. Trouble is the jerks are pricing it just under the Puma price point. I'm hoping they get them into more production but if they are at this sorry price point for too long it could hurt sales and cause a slow down in production. It's pretty hard to justify a "fun gun" when I can buy the real rifle version for less money. Ranch Hand may not have been the most well thought out name but I could care less what they call it, it just screams fun at the range to me. I've got a Blackhawk in .45 Colt and would love to have a Ranch Hand to take with me that shared the same ammo. Heck, if the action proves to be strong enough it might make a great handy hunting gun with the longer barrel for better powder burn and the longer sight radius for better aim. And this part is purely my personal opinion but I see way more uses for the Ranch Hand than I do a Judge. I don't mean to Judge bash but I have read all kinds of bashing of the lever action handgun idea and I just flat out don't agree. If anything, I think our convoluted gun laws keep guns like this from being popular just by keeping them out of people's hands. Like a poster above stated I think these would be one bang up fine short rifle, but hold on, that goes all red tape on you. I think it follows the same logic as going from a regular length rifle to a carbine length. Cut that carbine down some more and you would have one really light weight, easy to pack, handy as heck woods rifle. Bump this thing up to chamber a .454 and I bet that would be one awesome close in hunting weapon. I have a Winchester 1892 that was rebarreled to .357 and every time I shoot it I think how much handier it would be if it was just as long as the half magazine tube and the butt was just an inch or two shorter. Maybe someday we will come to our senses and get rid of all the rules and regulations that are doing us no good. But until then I will make do with a Ranch Hand if I can ever find one for close to MSRP locally. This is one that will have me break my Made in the USA buying policy only since we don't offer anything even close.

Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    I saw a few of them at the last gun show... but as smoke said... I can't think of a practical use other than you would just like to have one. They do look interesting enough though.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    saw one at the local academy a couple weeks ago,for 399.00 looked pretty neat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links