2 times

Circuit Judge Review

GunBlast has a review with video of the Circuit Judge

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-CircuitJudge.htm

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Circuit Judge Review

Nice review. Thanks for posting it. Just confirms that I want one.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I have wanted one since I heard about them. That gun solves every problem the original Judge has. .45's are now accurate, and .410's pattern better. Brillant!
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

"Ya know, if I was James Bond, I think I would carry a bigger gun."

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I want one REAL bad, they are funky cool.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I have been waiting for 3months for my dealer to get one. I picked it up last week.
    It is a nice gun design, that falls right into place when you shoulder it. No hunting for the sights, they are right there where they need to be in the right place for me.
    Very lightweight, suprisingly light, and well balanced. the feel of the gun is excellent.
    Now for the bad part. I wont be able to prvide shooting results for a while as there are issues with the cylinder lock up on this particular unit. I noticed yesterday that when I test cycled the cylinder throught the 5 chamber stops that the lock ups were inconsistant. the first two chambers lock up Ok. Not near as tight as my Colt, Uberti, or Ruger revolvers, but acceptable. The next two chambers are loose in the locked to fire position. Loose enough I question the safety of the gun. Perhaps a few hundredths off of a full lock anyhow. The 5th chamber is somehwere inbetween the first two and second two.
    Also the forearm finsh is not even. There is a place on the side that was missed, and the recess where the ejction rod falls into is not sanded or even cleaed up. Very rough and traps oil and dirt easily.
    Looks like I will be calling Rossi later today and getting their imput, then likely a trip back to the dealer to send it back for service. Makes me question the quality control at Rossi. I'll post more when I get this issue resolved.

Member #
    Liked
    3271 times

That was a good review. The Circuit Judge would make a nice truck or
    home defense gun. My best friend has got one ordered at one of the local
    gun shops around here. I can't wait to try it out and see what happens. If
    I like it enough, I'll add it to my ever growing list of dream guns.
    Taurus: Model 66 4" .357 Magnum
    Judge 6.5" 3" Cylinder .45LC/.410
    Model 617 2" .357 Magnum
    Raging Bull .44 Magnum 6.5"
    Model 851 2" .38 Special
    M327 2" .327 Magnum
    PT-92 AF 9mm

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

i like the idea hope to see one up close soon

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Well I sent mine back in for service and it came back all problems solved. About two weeks or so turn aroundtime.

I'm just a casual once in a while shooter, no pro by any stretch of the imagination. I managed to take it out on my home range I set up last weekend for a quick shoot. I dont have my mobile bench setup made yet so I did my shooting from a free standing position.
    I installed a 1.5x-4.5x20 scope on top of see through rings. At 50 yards I was shooting 3" groups. At 75 yards I was doing about 6" groups and at 100 yards I was having problems getting them all on the paper. This was with Winchester 45 long colt taget loads( all thats available locally) I need to get the bench made and take it out if weather permits. Should be able to do better. Would like to try some different ammo as well as put the shotgun insert in and shoot some various shotgun ammo out of it at different ranges.
    The feel of the gun is great and this has the makings of a great barnyard gun or camp gun. I would like to see the buttstock equipped with a compartment to carry the barrel inserts and tools. Would make things much much more convenient. In time I may get another stock piece and go out to my furniture shop and see if I can make a compartment into it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Now if Taurus did the same concept but using their 44 magnum Tracker frame making a handy light weight 44 mag carbine I would buy one tomorrow for piggy popping.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Circuit Judge Review, questions

Smilinsam, Since you have one, maybe you can answer this question.I too want 1 BAD! I'm thinking for HD and UD;(Urban Defence, as in attack of the zombies). I'm thinking for HD it would be even better with the stock removed, and a grip instead.Could make a grip, but wondering if the standard Judge grip, or 1 of the aftermarkets for the Judge would fit.Possibly follow that up with a verticle grip on the forarm stock (is that what its called?)
    Was discussing this with my brother-in-law, who's more up on gun related issues than me. He said he THOUGHT BATF had recently come up with a new rule. He said in plain language, it prohibits "Making a rifle into a pistol, or a pistol into a rifle". I mentioned the wood stocks, made for the 1911 colt (I think it is) that re-enactors sometimes use. He said "Yeah, those are illegal now. ANYONE know anything about this?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links