Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19229 times

Any Thoughts on the Rio Grande

I am thinking of getting a Rio Grande and have not read any reviews of them other then what the Rossi Marketing people put out. Has anyone shot one? if so how does it hold up to a Marlin, or Winchester which I learned to shoot a rifle on years ago? I am not looking for it to be a long range rife, in my experience 100-110 yards is good for a 30-30, though I don't put a scope on a lever action 30-30 either, just a preference though.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    20396 times

Re: Any Thoughts on the Rio Grande

I own a Rossi Lever gun in 45LC. It's a carbine version with a 16 inch barrel. It's a blast to shoot. Makes me feel like a kid again! It's certainly accurate enough with iron sights out to 100 yards. The factory sights are a bit cheesy but the work fine. I've though about replacing them with an aperture sight but haven't done so yet. It's a nice gun and a good shooter!
    ​Venimus, vidimus, nos explodit.

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.' Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    12571 times

Rossi makes a good lever gun. I have the same model as BS, and agree entirely with his assessment. Mine has a 20 inch barrel though. The action on the Rossi is better than the action of my Winchester 94, in the same caliber. It's much tighter, where the 94 was loose and floppy.
    Texas is neither southern or western. Texas is Texas!

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19229 times

Thanks, I looked at the 45LC as well after hearing both of you. I am thinking I might have to get 2 new lever guns now!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Links