Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Is Taurus going to build a Carbine???

I am curious, does any one know if there is a pistol caliper carbine on the drawing board for Taurus? I already own a 24/7 PRO in .40 and I love it, now if I were able to find a Carbine to use the same ammo, I would enjoy it. If it were made by Taurus, I would probably drool over it. If it were made by Taurus and used the same mags from my 24/7 and looked as sleek as the Berreta's CX4....I think I would be in heaven.
    Any news on a Taurus carbine? or should I just go out and grab the CX4 and cut my losses? How can we bring the idea up to Taurus to see if they would build them...I am sure that if there is a way to show them that enough people were interested, they would jump right in, especially if there were a way to use the 24/7 lower so they didn't have to design completely new equipment to build 'em. Let's here some thoughts.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Is Taurus going to build a Carbine???

I don't think there is is a lot of demand for rifles in pistol cailbers. So, I'd say the chances of Taurus making one are basically nill.
    -Big Bad Bull-
    "Court is now in session"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

i think one like the ruger pc carbines would be awesome. they use the same mags as the pistols in the same caliber. my cousin has a ruger in 40 and the carbine to match. I think its a great combo.
    Iraq Veteran and proud papa my baby girl and soon to be dad of a baby boy.

Member #
    Liked
    346 times

Yeah but ruger discontinued the pc rifles because lack of interest, pistol carbines are a great idea, but nobody has come around to them yet. Also the price needs to come down on them. Why get a pistol caliber carbine for $600 when for about the same price you can get a m4orgery? Although now people may come back to 9mm since it's now cheaper than .223.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I recommend the PC4. They can be found for $400 new. Mine has taken the carbine category the last 4 outings on bowling pins (thanks also to Doubletap ammo!). I haven't had any issues with it.
    Taurus: 608SS8
    Sig: P226 9mm, P220 Match
    GLOCK: 20, 21SF, 26, 27, 34
    Ruger: MKIII Hunter 22/45, GP100 4", Redhawk 7.5", PC4
    Kimber: Stainless TLE II/RL
    Remington: 870 Wingmaster w/"Tac mods"
    Marlin: 1894 .44 Magnum
    Henry: Standard .22LR Lever Action
    Lefever: 16 Ga side by side
    Advantage Arms: 22LR Caliber Conversion for GLOCK 20/21

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    630 times

The fact that you can use the magazines from the PC4 and PC9 respectively with their P-series pistol counterparts is a big plus for me. I swap between my PC9 and P95 9mms regularly.

If Taurus offered a reasonably priced 9mm/40 S&W carbine which could utilize PT92/99 and PT100/101 magazines for their respective calibers I'd certainly be interested.
    "You gotta be one of the good guys, son, 'cause there's way too many of the bad." - John Custer to his son Jesse.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

that would be sweet.. i'd love to see what taurus could come up with on an pistol caliber carbine.

i plan on getting a hi-point 995 and a ati after market stock once i get the money together.
    If you can't shoot well, shoot often.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by fords4life
    i think one like the ruger pc carbines would be awesome. they use the same mags as the pistols in the same caliber. my cousin has a ruger in 40 and the carbine to match. I think its a great combo.
    Do you know the ballistics of the long gun as opposed to the short gun? (fps, etc.)

JimL

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Those of you that root for the underdog may enjoy this link, which is a 2002 Guntests article of the Ruger vs. Hi-Point carbines, and it includes ballistics data.

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/documents/guntest.pdf

I am biased towards the Ruger, but I haven't tried the Hi-Point (yet). My PC4 has ghost rings (stock) so it never had all of the sighting issues described in the article, of course with the optics that I have on it, there aren't any issues at all.

Taurus: 608SS8
    Sig: P226 9mm, P220 Match
    GLOCK: 20, 21SF, 26, 27, 34
    Ruger: MKIII Hunter 22/45, GP100 4", Redhawk 7.5", PC4
    Kimber: Stainless TLE II/RL
    Remington: 870 Wingmaster w/"Tac mods"
    Marlin: 1894 .44 Magnum
    Henry: Standard .22LR Lever Action
    Lefever: 16 Ga side by side
    Advantage Arms: 22LR Caliber Conversion for GLOCK 20/21

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I myself have a hipoint 995 9mm carbine within an ATI stock. It is amazing. That's all i can really say about it. Without even thinking about the cost, it shoots amazing. There's no need to reconcile with concessions such as "well it only cost half as much as this other gun so its performance is acceptable if you look at it that way"

joe sixpack- i'm always surprised when someone has to 'save up' for a hipoint. just stop eating for a few days and then you'll have enough lol
    Religion-- Giving hope to a world torn apart by religion.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links