Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus T4 Carbine

20K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  right2arms 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like bad timing to me!

With AR 15's selling on line for sub $450 prices this looks like the wrong type of "innovation" and new product development to me.

They are promising 3rd quarter 2017 availability.... If it was that close to delivery why didn't they pitch it at the dealers at Shot this year?

Taurus USA Introduces their New T4SA : The Outdoor Wire

Don

#3 ·
I second that - this is what is known as coming late to the party and slamming shots to try and catch up...never ends well. I'll put $10 on their MSRP being ~$700 - with absolutely no stand-out features. Then it'll probably have some whacky proprietary component like the bolt, or Charging handle ...preventing customization.

If they would at least do the thing is spectrum-like custom colors, finger grooved pistol grip, factory standard ambi safety or side charging - something (anything!!) that stood out and was useful, I'd be a little happy....but this? Waaaaaaay to late!

#11 ·
If they would at least do the thing is spectrum-like custom colors, finger grooved pistol grip, factory standard ambi safety or side charging - something (anything!!) that stood out and was useful, I'd be a little happy....but this? Waaaaaaay to late!

what about maybe a ribber grip on the pistol grip part, and maybe a clear Lexan panel on the side of the frame so you can see the parts inside?------

a must have would be magazines that are not the same as regular AR mags as well, that will make it UNIQUE for sure.

#5 ·
Meh, I have a MSR. One's enough. :D If I get ANYTHING else in this realm, it'll be an upper in some hog busting caliber. I've gotten some education on the subject and like the .458 SOCOM, but the price of brass and such puts me off. A new AR, though, I simply don't desire.

#6 ·
I just saw the video on Facebook

Reactions: Cariwine
#8 ·
Looks like it comes in three colors: Black, Sand and Jungle

#12 ·
If it were a 9mm I'd buy one tomorrow.

I just don't need / want another 5.56.

I'll be interested to see the price point as well. Will be hard to beat the S&W Sport and Ruger offerings.

Reactions: darbo
#13 ·
I don't own a 5.56 AR, I may jump on it depending on Price and it wouldn't be a black one.

Reactions: 41249
#14 ·
There's lots of competition and prices are dropping below 500 bucks on an AR, a complete AR, not a build. So, it'd better be priced well if it's going to compete.

I wonder if Taurus is building these things in Miami. I'd suspect it's being put together in the US from components not made by Taurus, itself. Pretty much what everyone else does.

#16 ·
Well if they design it to be anything but Mil-spec, it's dead on arrival. They come with a Magpul magazine so we know they're standard.

Reactions: RustyYoungMan
#17 ·
Thanks, Bang Bang. It sure does look like it might be a bit late to the party for this TS4A....Let's wait and see what it's all about!

#18 ·
They say it is better than mil-spec. Don't know how they do that. Comes in three colors. BFD. I would buy one at the right price just to have in my collection.

#19 ·
I can think of several other ducks Taurus needs to line up before releasing an ar platform long gun...There are just to many people waiting for their recall pistols for one. If I were one of those people who has been waiting more than a year for their pistol, I couldn't help but feel a little angry. I would immediately think, I know why it's been so long. Taurus is broadening there owner base by adding a competitive new gun to the lineup at my expense. I say take care of your loyal faithful family first. Expanding is not near as important as growing structurally sound by good CS. Just my 2cents worth...

#20 ·
Offer it in .458 socom, 50 Beowulf, and 6.5 Grendel for $600 and they might have a winner.

#22 ·
They list 14.5" and 11.5" barrel versions?????? SBR or pistol???? I'm guessing mistake by marketing.

#23 ·
Somebody on Facebook claims actually made by Diamondback.

#25 ·
Reactions: CreekFisher
#24 ·
I'm not buying the Diamondback connection. Pretty sure that deal is done and over.

Reactions: loudviking
#26 ·
Jan 3rd 2013:

UPDATE: The Taurus purchase never closed. Diamondback is back in the hands of Bobby Fleckinger, backed by private investors.

According to Taurus USA President Mark Kresser, his employer has “secured” Diamondback Firearms. Kresser describes it as a joint venture. The Brazilian gunmaker’s US arm is taking over Diamondback’s sales, marketing, web presence, customer service . . . pretty much every aspect of Diamondback’s business other than making and repairing their guns. The move comes as no surprise. Back in April, Kresser told TTAG Taurus was feeling expansive. In May, they bought Heritage Manufacturing. Now Diamondback. If you want to know why look above and then click below . . .

Taurus has been on the hunt for an American AR manufacturer for quite a while. The big bull’s began negotiating its Diamondback JV months before Newtown. After Diamondback debuted their new range of D8-15 gas impingement rifles, offering “value and versatility.”

While Kresser acknowledges America’s anti-AR zeitgeist, he’s as pro-2A an exec as you’ll find at the head of any large gunmaker. His support for firearms freedom isn’t just about money, although Taurus isn’t a charity. The man believes. By thy deeds . . .

Kresser’s decision to go public today, the morning after the Illinois Senate moved their unconstitutional gun ban bill to a general vote, hours before Diane Feinstein introduces her new assault weapons ban to Congress, demonstrates Kresser’s and Taurus’ determination not to be cowed by gun control advocates.

For that they should be applauded. Now, let’s see what they do with Diamondback.

Reactions: Cariwine
#27 ·
Oh look, yet another AR. :mellow:

At least they didn't pull the same stunt as Springfield Armory with their "Saint" and all the hype leading up to the release... of another AR into a saturated market. :-\

#30 ·
Reactions: Yissnakk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.