Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus T4 Carbine

20K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  right2arms 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
Yeah, it makes you wonder if in 10 years, ARs will be the only rifles offered for sale. :rolleyes: Bolt guns have gone to super bargain plastic stocked 250 dollar wonders now days to compete and now the ARs are approaching the same price point!

I'll just sit back and watch. I have quality bolt guns and and an M4 to play with. My safe is full to overflowing. That's what I need to do, buy a bigger safe. :D

Reactions: RustyYoungMan
#34 ·
From the news reports they seem to be trying to smoke the President--over a fire while tied up to a stake.
things still look pretty dicey down there from the reports.

#37 ·
Corporate mentality continues to puzzle me more as time goes by. Why in the world did Taurus wait this long to introduce a rather plain looking AR-15 into a saturated market, at a price that will leave many of us heading for the (a) competitors, or (b) parts suppliers so we can build our own for much less money? If Taurus wants to wow the firearms world, they need to get cracking on a plasma rifle in the 5 watt range.

Yeah, I know, Arnold asked one in the 40 watt range, but ya gotta start small and leave yourself room to grow.

#39 ·
I was at the recent NRA show in Hotlanta, visited the Taurus booth mainly to feel, touch ,look, try the new Spectrum.
thats another story but I didn't see this supposed Black Rifle, I could have missed it but looked around pretty good.
course 75% of the NRA Show booths exhibited AR, AK, tac shotguns and black rifle stuff.
after a while its get down to well if you see one--- you know the rest.
some pretty interesting things coming out, many of the same old things just being displayed with color changes, etc.

#42 ·
I've been so tempted the last two years to buy an AR but never managed to convince myself to - apparently this is why. The AR is no longer on my want list; the T4 has placed it on the #1 spot of my "need" list.

#43 · (Edited)
New American Rifleman on the Outdoor channel last night featured the T4SA. They went through the features and said designed, engineered, and manufactured in the U.S.A. Melonited bolt carrier, 16 inch chrome-moly-vanadium barrel M4 profile, melonited inside and out, 1:7 inch RH twist rate, carbine length gas system, machined aluminum handguard that is 14.5 inches long featuring slots for m-lock action points. Other handguards are available including key mod accessory rail. Does not come with sights but features a full length Picatinny rail, Magpul furniture, 30 round Magpul Pmag magazines, oversized trigger guard from Magpul, two stage 6-lbs., 8- ounce pull trigger, Length 32.5" to 37.5", Magpul CTR six position stock, Magpul MOE grip, weight 6 lbs., 8 ounces. Chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO (.223 Rem).

Yet it has been taken down on the Taurus site.

#44 ·
The Taurus 2018 catalog is out if you have a "Everyday Gun" magazine. Gotta buy on at a bookshop or somewhere that carries those.

The T-series rifles and pistols are NOT in the catalog. On the other hand this might mean little as catalogs and actual manufacturing of certain models of guns does not necessarily keep up with each other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.