Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Replacement barrels?

I picked up a Trifecta in .22/20/.243 since nobody had the .44. I was wondering if there is a source for replacement barrels so I could keep the .243 for groundhogs and use let my daughter use the .44 for deer.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Re: Replacement barrels?

Not to over step here, but a well placed .243 should have no trouble downing a whitetail. My son has been using one for years with great success.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

.243 is the largest i like to shoot any more. and i have down numerous deer with this caliber.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
    You can keep the "change".

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    4842 times

.243 lays down more energy MUCH farther out than a .44, MUCH better caliber choice for deer hunting, and not very bad on the shoulder, no worse than a .44 barrel would be.

I've always told people who were considering a .22-250 for their kid due to recoil, if they ain't old enough to handle a .243, they ain't old enough to hunt. .22-250 will kill deer, of course, but .243 is a much better choice for deer sized game.

I killed my first at age 11 with a .257 Roberts which is a little more gun than a .243 as my grandpa handloaded it, but not that much, and in factory ammo it's no better. I was using my grandpa's killer handloads and still handled the recoil. Still own that rifle and it has killed a couple dozen over the years for me. They all died just as dead as if hit with my 7 mag and with more edible meat left on the carcass.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"---Ben Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

The barrels for the Rossis are NOT interchangeable OR available by themselves. Spend some cash & buy an Encore if u want to buy barrels. The Rossi guns cost about as much for a kit WITH a set of barrels than the Encore barrel by itself... Wont even mention the cost of the action on an Encore..
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Links