Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Shooting Shorts or Aguila's through a Model 62

I have a Model 62 in Stainless with a 16" barrel. I bought it thinking I could shoot long rifle, shorts, and Aguila's (powderless shell) in it. It only shoots long rifle. If you put shorts or Aguila's in it, it hangs up on the next round coming out of the magazine. It seems that it is trying to load another shell into the elavator to fill the empty space from a shorter cartridge. Has anybody else had this problem and been able to fix it? And before anybody points it out, I know that you are not suppose to shoot Aguila's powderless bullets in a rifle. I have shot them through more rifles than I can count and know probably 10 other people who do also with no problem.

Thanks for reading.
    Police Veteran and Firearms Instructor / NRA Life Member

Taurus - M66SS4 - 7 Shot, M94SS5, M85SS2UL, M62C-SS (16" Carbine), The Judge 4510TKR-3SS

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Shooting Shorts or Aguila's through a Model 62

CopwithGlock....... Don't know if this reply will make it through, since this thread is so old. but I sent you an email outlining the procedure I have successfully used to convert my Model 62C so it will reliably shoot shorts and Colibiris.

Links