Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Rossi 92's

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

My Rossi 92's

For CAA matches these are hard to beat. About 10+ years ago I bought a new Winchester 92 in .45 Colt but it would not feed reliably to save it's life. I traded in at a PA gun show for a used Rossi in same caliber. Liked it so much that when I ran across another in .44 Magnum I grabbed that one also. The upper one (.44 Mag) has a saddle ring w/ a Puma head on the left side while the lower one in .45 Colt does not. These rifles are great values. Paid less then $300.00 for each.
    "You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish"

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Re: My Rossi 92's

Wow those are Beautys
    NRA Member -- USCCA Member -- www.floridaconcealedcarry.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

does rossi make one of those in a 30-30? I think i need to do some researchin.....to many guns so little money...
    "These Sarah Brady types must be educated to understand that because we have an armed citizenry, that a dictatorship has not happened in America. These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to Liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."
    -Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."
    - Larry Elder, radio personality

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

I don't believe so but I am not certain. The 30-30 is a true rifle cartridge and the 92's are meant for pistol cartridges.
    "You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish"

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    7205 times

I sit around and just look at mine and admire sometimes. The things are western art in gun metal. I've had mine since about 86. Bought it for a light caliber brush hunting rifle and mainly because it fired my handgun ammo of the time. I really haven't hunted much with it, though, but it's a very versatile rifle, light .38s for squirrel and small game to 50 yards and heavy magnum loads for deer/hogs to 100 yards. Tough rifle to beat as an all around gun.

My son-in-law has one in .45 Colt, recently had the loading gate spring replaced as it was getting weak and causing the rounds to hang up. That's a strong enough action to fire the Ruger/TC only 300 grain hot loads I shoot in my Blackhawk and Contender. We chronographed that load at over 1400 fps. That'll floor any hog in the brush out to as far as you can hit it. But, I like the .357's versatility with the .38s. I load a 105 grain lead SWC to about 900 fps and it's 2" accurate at 50 yards, good enough substitute for a .22 and the pop is about like shooting .22. My gun has a ghost ring aperture from an old .22 rifle in the dovetail and his has had a Williams receiver sight installed. The one thing BAD I'll say about the rifles is, the stock rear sight really sucks.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" - G.B. Shaw

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    7205 times

BTW, the puma head fell out of mine within a few range trips. LOL I didn't try to solder it in or anything. I've lost it long ago.

There is no .30-30 available, but there IS a .454 Casull available that pushes the .45-70 for big bang bullets. Who needs the .30-30? It's a short pistol action, though, originally chambered in the 92 winchester for such as .38-40 and .44-40 and .25-20 and such.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    221 times

Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan
    There is no .30-30 available, but there IS a .454 Casull available that pushes the .45-70 for big bang bullets.
    I've seen others ask this question on various forums, but no definitive answer. Will a Rossi 92 in .454 Casull reliably cycle .45 Long Colt?
    NRA Life Member
    Most moving movie: Taking Chance (Especially the documentary about how the movie came to be.)

The greater value in the first amendment is it encourages others to speak freely making it easy to identify the idiots.
    --VegasGuy

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

That's a fine pair of rifles!!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Those are very nice 92's. Check this article.http://www.gunblast.com/Paco_Legacy_454.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasGuy
    I've seen others ask this question on various forums, but no definitive answer. Will a Rossi 92 in .454 Casull reliably cycle .45 Long Colt?

Member #
    Liked
    221 times

Cool. Thanks for the link, teacherboy.
    NRA Life Member
    Most moving movie: Taking Chance (Especially the documentary about how the movie came to be.)

The greater value in the first amendment is it encourages others to speak freely making it easy to identify the idiots.
    --VegasGuy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links