Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Rossi Trifecta combo

I don't know if this should be here or in the long guns section, but has anyone owned or shot the Tri-Fecta combo. A local shop has one for about $250.00 with the .22, .243, and 20 ga barrels. It's a youth model, but fits me ok, since I'm somewhat vertically challenged. Thought it would be a neat little fishing, plinking gun. For that amount, I would not worry about knocking it around as a pick-up or trunk gun.
    I'm also thinking about a NEF in .44mag. Has anyone here got any pr actical info on any of these? Keeping in mind that they would be plinkers and maybe something for my kids to learn to shoot with (the tri-fecta anyway) and not really serious hunting.I really would like a single shot because I don't have one.
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    If our lawmakers have our best interest in mind, why do they keep trying to take away our personal protection? Pappy used to say "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
    A pair of NAA .22mag minis, Charter Arms .357 Bulldog Pug, Kel-Tec P3AT & PF9, Mossberg 500 12ga.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Rossi Trifecta combo

Hi Funshooter,
    I just bought the exact same youth size gun for my son. He's only 2 but I've got it stashed away for a few years until he is ready to start shooting with me I've shot all three barrels at the range and it is a fun and surprisingly accurate little gun. I put a 3-9 x 40 scope on the 243 barrel. Only thing you need extra is a hard case for it...the zippered case it comes with is a little flimsy. Otherwise a tremendous value (3 guns in one) for the $$. I'd jump on the price especially if it is new. I paid 329.00 for mine two months ago. That price is good even if it is in good used condition. Also, I believe Rossi currently has a $20.00 rebate if you purchase a new gun.

John
    John
    1911, Tracker 44 Mag, Gaucho .357, Gaucho .45 SS
    The Judge SS (yeah, it's a lot of fun!), Rossi .357 SS,
    Bersa Thunder 380CC, Kel Tec PF9, PA-63
    Ruger MKIII, Ruger P95, Russian Nagant Revolver
    Heritage Rough Rider .22

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    4739 times

I kinda like the multi barrel concept, probably comes from my Contender fetish. I've also discovered H&R, but only have a 10 gauge so far and the larger frame won't utilize all the small frame barrels. I've been thinkin' about a BP rifle of a break open design, though.

The Rossi combs are GREAT for kids. Friend has one for himself he likes, .22 rimfire/.410. It's just a toy, but the .22 is accurate and he uses it for various vermin around his place. Not like he lacks guns, think he was just looking to buy something he didn't have. LOL

What I really want is an Encore in 50 cal for a BP rifle. One thing, the cheaper guns can have not so great triggers. There is no single shot break open out there that can match the Thompson Center guns for quality and quality trigger. Of course, you pay for that. But, you might wanna check the trigger let off of that Rossi is that's a thing for you like it is for me on a rifle. I know the H&Rs can vary a lot. My 10 isn't bad, but I got a 20 gauge for the kid once I had to have a smith work over to get it usable. I can't imagine a trigger that bad on a rifle.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"---Ben Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I have had several of the NEF single shots.The .243 is problematic,the 45/70 is wonderful.Funny how different calibers in the same rifle are so different.
    The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70....it's almost like a religion.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

I've read that the NEF & Rossi both have issues with ejecting the .243 & .222 empties. I don't think that would be a real big issue with me, since I doubt that it would be a hunting rifle. I was really looking at something to get my 10yr old daughter into shooting. She is showing any interest now, anyway. May not be a point anyway, if the new government heads get to change the 2nd amendment like they want.
    If our lawmakers have our best interest in mind, why do they keep trying to take away our personal protection? Pappy used to say "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
    A pair of NAA .22mag minis, Charter Arms .357 Bulldog Pug, Kel-Tec P3AT & PF9, Mossberg 500 12ga.

Links