Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What Taurus 357 revolver for concealed carry?

5K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Qwiks draw 
#1 ·
Prefer Stainless Steel.
Is there a 6 round 357 you'd recomment for easy concealed carry?

#2 ·
I know it is only a 5 shot and that extra one may matter but I would say a 605. Pretty easy to conceal. And no, I'm not one of those people who disregard what the OP wrote! :D

Reactions: Reddrage and CB236
#5 ·
I have the Model 851, which is a five shot snubby and the Model 617 which is the seven shot snubby
that Taurus makes. I carry the Model 851 more often for comfort reasons. (it is a good deal lighter)
Both are excellent revolvers and I load .38 Special +P HP Remington Golden Sabers in them when
I carry. The Model 851 is a .38 Special and the 617 is a .357 Magnum.

#6 ·
Same here.....605 snubbie. Gotta love the flame with the 357's.....if I happen to miss with the projectile I will torch them with the flame. :eek:

Reactions: Sekol
#7 ·
I find the 7 round 617SS2 357 is just very slightly thicker through the cylinder than a 6 round Colt Cobra 38 spl. NON +P but it is about 12 oz. heavier with a good holster and belt it can be easily concealed. A light weight revolver will produce more perceived recoil since it does not have the weight to help absorb the recoil.

I believe the difference in the cylinder diameter was only 0.030" or 0.040" bigger on the 617 if I remember correctly.

#9 ·
Prefer Stainless Steel.
Is there a 6 round 357 you'd recomment for easy concealed carry?
A used Taurus® Mdl 65 w/2¾" barrel; or Mdl 606 w/a 2¼" barrel meets your criteria.

#12 ·
It is possible to get a model 66 into a Don Hume H715-M W.C. for a couple of years now.
H715-M W.C.

$33.60

Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.
Call for stock availability

INSIDE WAISTBAND CLIP-ON (OPEN TOP)

It depends on the height,weight, and build of the individual. Since I wear a shirt one size bigger ( got that from a lot of CCW sites and media books) than I need to, untucked, the gun hides real well for me. On the other hand I am about 5'8" in height.

My Taurus 66, 4" barrel, works well, but I do find that my other Taurus revolvers with 2.5 or 3" barrels work better for all day carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.