Thread: Taurus 650 CIA

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Taurus 650 CIA

I am looking for a small .357 revolver to have for defense from hogs while camping. I chose the taurus 650 and I wanted to here reviews about it. What you think from the range to to how it feels in your hand.

Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    My 650 fits my hand perfectly, my pinkie folds under the bottom of the OE boot grip. My 650 is a 2" SS and full bore 357s, while stimulating, are not unmanageable, even with a two finger grip. HKS speed loaders don't load smoothly with the OE grip, so I carry extra ammo in speed strips. 38s are cheaper, and they shoot as accurately out of the revolver as the 357s. I can shoot all 5 shots quickly into a 2" circle at 10 yards. The gun is capable of better accuracy than I can provide. A wide selection of holsters and other accessories are available by looking under Smith & Wesson J frame. The gun carries well and disappears in a cargo pants pocket. It doesn't "print" much, either, particularly with a holsters.com holster. As far as feel, it points naturally and consistently without me having to think about it, or contort my fingers or hand to use the revolver. I won't sell my 650 or my 605, they are with me from now on. I might pick up another one, maybe a 651, or a 450 (discontinued) if I get a chance. Taurus snubbies are excellent and well worth the coin it takes to get one. Perfect for hogs and other problem situations, great for general fun shooting, an excellent value.
    http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got a nice used one. I've been looking around the site for a little while now but haven't found much in the way of info for the 650s. Do you have any further information/reviews/tutorials or really whatever on these guns? I'm happy so far, but would be super appreciative to get some of the wealth of knowledge I know is available on these forum sites.

Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    In the link, good stuff on snubbies in general, not so much on Taurus. The 650/605 are sizes as copies of the Smith & Wesson J frame so stuff that fits the J frame will fit the 650/605 The Snubnose Files
    http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I always liked the looks of the CIA wish I could find one near here!

Links