Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

accessories for my 405?

as you know it's a discontinued, rather un-popular/rare gun...

I'm having a hell of a time finding good belt holster.
    are there any current Taurus small frame guns that cross-fit the 405 so I can get me a nice holster?
    ...or better yet anyone know a model specific holster available? or someone who makes custom holsters?

on that same note, anyone seen wood or pearl grips for this gun?
    I believe it uses the judge or tracker frame style grips, but there is little to no aftermarket options.

thanks in advance,
    -a

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My 405 fits well in the holsters that I have for my L frame S&W revolvers. The only accessories I know of are the Hogue 73000 grips which I put on both of my Taurus Tracker frame revolvers. What accessories are you looking for besides fancy grips?
    Make a Hole

Member #
    Liked
    3870 times
    I was gonna mention the Hogue 73000 grips are the only ones I've seen work for the 405, and that nothing for a small frame Taurus fits them. You'll have to look for accessories made for Tracker series revolvers to have some success on holsters.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ^ but that's not true regarding holsters.
    the tracker is a "compact" frame, whereas the 405 is a "small frame"
    ...there's also no tracker w/a 2" barrel.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    can anyone else confirm the 405 fits well in an L-frame S&W holster?

plateshooter, have photos?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    update: CLICK
    wood grips, but on the pricey side.

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Adam,
    I have a Taurus model 455-2-SS, 5-shot 45 acp that uses stellar clips, has 2 inch ported barrel , fixed sights , stainless steel . I have a Bianchi, inside the waist band holster that fits it to a tee. It is Bianchi 3S, the product number is #1016053. Bianchi shows this holster as fitting the Taurus 415T , 445T , 450T and 617T. I am sure the T stands for Titainium, it also fits my stainless version 455 and should fit your 40 S&W model as well. I am not sure about the K /L frame interchangability, but Bianchi has several holsters to fit the 415, 445, 450 and 617...which also fit my 455. I believe these holsters will also fit the 405.
    I like the IWB holster but I am going to order an outside the waistband holster from Bianchi for two reason, when in the field outside the waist is more comfortable and I can't find any other ( reasonably priced ) maker who sells holsters for these models. After looking at photo's of all these different models am sure they are the same frame size, just chambered for different rounds. So for your holster needs see Bianchi.
    Gary

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ^ killer. thanks for the post.

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    You're welcome.

Additional info. I went to Bianchi website - holster selector and typed in Taurus 450T in leather and was shown all the models that will fit it. I am sure it will also fit my 455 and your 405, frame size seems to be the same for all of them. I'm wanting to get an Outside the Waist Band belt holster because it is such a sweet carrying gun in the field and IWB is not comfortable in the woods.
    I like Bianchi leather, I have two holsters for S&W's , one for a 1911 govt model and one for a Ruger MKII , they have served well and no one seems to make an afforable ( non-custom ) holster for this size.
    I may be wrong but a holster for a K frame S&W with 2 or 2.5 inch barrel might fit, this appears to be the case by looking at the Bianchi charts. I generally don't buy unless I try the fit first but Cabela's had doodley squat on thier shelves last trip and the #3S says "pistol S&W .38/.357 which would be a K frame and it does fit my 455 so I'm going for it!

Gary

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yup...I used the safariland holster finder for anything that fit a 445 and there are a few good options.
    I'm going with the 5BH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links