Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Taurus model 86 question

I thought that I had posted this question earlier, but I don't see it here, so here goes again.

I recently bought an older model 86, which appears to be a clone of the S&W model 14, or K38. I took this to the range last week, and was pleased. Shot as well any of my S&W or Rugers. Except for a very little wear at the muzzle and some very light scratches on one side of the barrel, this gun looked practically unused. Trigger pull was great, cylinder timing was perfect and lockup was like a bank vault.

This one was imported by, I believe, "Int. Dist. INC." of Floida, so its serial number does not show up on Taurus USA's serial number search tool.

Does anybody know what years "int. Dist. Inc." imported Taurus revolvers, and also when did Taurus change the location of the firing pin on it's center fire revolvers from the Hammer Nose to a frame mounted one.??

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'll try this question one more time. Thanks for any help! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin.Grimalkin View Post
    I thought that I had posted this question earlier, but I don't see it here, so here goes again.

I recently bought an older model 86, which appears to be a clone of the S&W model 14, or K38. I took this to the range last week, and was pleased. Shot as well any of my S&W or Rugers. Except for a very little wear at the muzzle and some very light scratches on one side of the barrel, this gun looked practically unused. Trigger pull was great, cylinder timing was perfect and lockup was like a bank vault.

This one was imported by, I believe, "Int. Dist. INC." of Floida, so its serial number does not show up on Taurus USA's serial number search tool.

Does anybody know what years "int. Dist. Inc." imported Taurus revolvers, and also when did Taurus change the location of the firing pin on it's center fire revolvers from the Hammer Nose to a frame mounted one.??

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I seemed to recall those questions being answered in here somewhere but my search was fruitless. The best I could do is "ballpark" the dates and guess the Int.Dist.Inc era was the early 80's and the first firing mechanism change was in the early 90's.

Coop
    Freedom is not free

Links